- America's 2nd leading Third Crop Sire of stakes horses and blacktype horses
- America's 2nd-leading Third Crop Sire of winners
- One of just two in his siring crop to sire NINE $100,000 Stakes Horses
- First in his crop to sire a Graded SW and first to sire two Grade 1 performers
- 2014 Keeneland yearlings include colts who sold for $280,000 and $210,000
- One of the few stallions to win stakes on dirt, turf and all-weather surfaces
- Stakes record-setter at 8 1/2f & 2nd in $750,000 CashCall Futurity (G1) at 2
- Won $1,000,000 Travers S. (G1) and $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (G1) at 3
- SW at 8f on turf in 1:32.3; 2nd $350,000 Goodwood S. (G1) on all-weather at 4
TDN Insta-Tistics ranks him 3rd in his siring crop, with at least three 2-year-olds sold, by 2014 juvenile sales average ($77,381, 21 sold), including a $310,00 filly. His 2014 Keeneland September yearlings averaged $56,636. At Keeneland November, his daughter Concave sold as a race/broodmare prospect for $410,000.
Colonel John has sired 11 stakes horses, nine $100,000 stakes horses, incl.: Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (G1)-3rd Colonel Joan; 1:08 3/5 Winning Colors (G3) victress Southern Honey; $160,000 auction 2YO Concave (Sorrento S.-G2, 3rd Del Mar Debutante-G1); WinStar grad My Johnny Be Good ($250,000 G3 sp on the Triple Crown trail). Colonel John has bred at least 120 mares each year at stud, including 122 in 2014. Expect to hear more from this corps.