Versatile multiple Grade 1 winner of $1,779,012, Colonel John is the leading money winner at stud by Champion Sire Tiznow.
Colonel John has already sired nine major stakes horses, three $100,000 stakes winners, two Graded SWs, two Grade 1 horses, and two Breeders' Cup contenders from his first two crops. We salute his accomplishments:
- America's leading sophomore sire by 2014 winners
- Kentucky's 2nd-leading sophomore sire by stakes horses
- One of just two 2nd crop stallions to sire SEVEN $100,000 Stakes Horses
- First in his crop to sire a Graded SW and first to sire two Grade 1 performers
- 2014 Keeneland yearlings include colts who sold for $280,000 and $210,000
- One of the few stallions to win stakes on dirt, turf and all-weather surfaces
- Stakes record-setter at 8 1/2f & 2nd in $750,000 CashCall Futurity (G1) at 2
- Won $1,000,000 Travers S. (G1) and $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (G1) at 3
- SW at 8f on turf in 1:32.3; 2nd $350,000 Goodwood S. (G1) on all-weather at 4
TDN Insta-Tistics ranks him 3rd in his siring crop, with at least three 2-year-olds sold, by 2014 juvenile sales average ($77,381, 21 sold), including a $310,00 filly. His 2014 Keeneland September yearlings averaged $56,636.
Colonel John has sired nine stakes horses, seven $100,000 stakes horses, incl.: Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (G1)-3rd Colonel Joan; 1:08 3/5 Winning Colors (G3) victress Southern Honey; $160,000 auction 2YO Concave (Sorrento S.-G2, 3rd Del Mar Debutante-G1); $220,000 yearling Here's Johnny ($100,000 OBS Championship S). Colonel John has bred at least 120 mares each year at stud, including 122 in 2014. Expect to hear more from this corps.