Champion Sire Congrats is one of the industry's brightest young stallion stars. By A.P. Indy and from a live, rich family, his successes have only begun to scratch the surface.
Congrats was far and away the nation's Champion Freshman Sire in 2010, leading a stellar group including Bernardini and War Front. In 2014, he once again ranks among the very best Juvenile Sires. Career highlights include:
- A.P. INDY's Leading Juvenile Sire of 2014
- 2014 2YOs: Top 10 nationwide, 11 winners, 6 SHs, over $1M, incl. 13 1/2-length Belmont SW TEMPER MINT PATTY & Alcibiades (G1) runner-up TOP DECILE
- 2014 Overall: 21 Stakes Horses, 5 SWs, $4.5 million
- Lifetime: 17 SWs, $16.8M, 46 SHs - 55% 2YO SHs (26-of-46)
- 2014 Sales: Yearlings are averaging $101,536, incl. $375,000, $320,000, $310,000, $275,000, $250,000, $250,000, $250,000, $200,000
- 2013 Racing: 17 2YO winners, 4 2YO SHs, 3 2YO SWs
- Three U.S. G1 winners - five Grade 1 two-year-olds
- One of just six active stallions in 2012 to sire two or more U.S. G1 SWs on dirt
- Greatest increase in quality of mares bred in his fee range ($25,000-$49,000) - 80%
- 117 mares bred in 2013 - 137 mares bred in 2014
Congrats bred more mares than any stallion in the nation his first year in Kentucky (205), and his ensuing CI (2.71) and CPI (4.30) were among the very best in his fee range. In 2012, he sired two G1 winners: Emma's Encore and Turbulent Descent. Just six active stallions sired two or more U.S. G1 winners on dirt that year, and he was the only one who stood for less than $60,000.
Progeny by Congrats are highly sought-after at public auction. In 2014, his yearlings are averaging $99,256 with 12 selling for at least $140,000. His 2-year-olds in training sold for $300,000, $260,000, $220,000, $190,000, $155,000, $135,000, etc. In 2013, his yearlings sold for $310,000, $300,000, $250,000; weanlings sold for $200,000, $145,000, $130,000; And in-foal mares averaged $129,210, led by $460,000, $310,000, $300,000. The future is, indeed, bright.
"Outstanding sire."--John Sparkman in Blood-Horse May 11, 2013