Champion Sire Congrats is one of the industry's brightest young stallion stars. By A.P. Indy and from a live, rich family, his successes have only begun to scratch the surface.
Congrats was far and away the nation's Champion Freshman Sire in 2010, leading a stellar crop of sires who included Bernardini and War Front. His inaugural two-year-olds encompassed 25 winners, 12 stakes horses, top numbers in the crop. And in 2013, no other son of A.P. Indy sired as many two-year-old winners or more 2-year-old stakes winners. Career highlights include:
- 16 SWs, 33 stakes horses, $13,000,000;
61% 2YO stakes horses (20-of-33)
- 2013: 6 SWs, 14 SHs, $3.5M; 16 2YO winners, 4 2YO SHs, 3 2YO SWs;
2014: 3 Stakes Horses, 20 winners, among the nation's leaders
- 2013 Sales: Two-Year-Olds in Training include $400,000 colt, $200,000 filly;
21 yearlings brought $100,000+; weanlings avgd. $64,115
- Three U.S. Grade 1 winners - four Grade 1 two-year-olds - in his first two crops
- One of just six active stallions in 2012 to sire two or more U.S. G1 winners on dirt
- Greatest increase in quality of mares bred in his fee range ($25,000-$49,000) - 80%
- 117 mares bred in 2013 - 157 registered 2YOs of 2014
Congrats bred more mares than any stallion in the nation his first year in Kentucky (205), and his ensuing CI (2.71) and CPI (4.30) were among the very best in his fee range. In 2012, he sired two Grade 1 winners: Emma's Encore and Turbulent Descent. Just six active stallions sired two or more U.S. Grade 1 winners on dirt last year, and he was the only one who stood for less than $60,000.
Progeny by Congrats are highly sought-after at public auction. In 2013, his yearlings averaged $78,874 (74 sold), with individual prices of $310,000, $300,000, $250,000. His weanlings averaged $64,115, with individuals for $200,000, $145,000, $130,000; and his in-foal mares averaged $129,210 led by $460,000, $310,000, $300,000. The future is, indeed, bright.
"Outstanding sire."--John Sparkman in Blood-Horse May 11, 2013