Champion Sire Congrats is one of the industry's brightest young stallion stars. By A.P. Indy and from a live, rich family, his successes have only begun to scratch the surface.
Congrats was far and away the nation's Champion Freshman Sire in 2010, leading a stellar crop of sires who included Bernardini and War Front. In 2014, he ranks among the top General and Juvenile Sires, and is once again, the Leading Juvenile Sire by A.P. Indy. Highlights include:
- 16 SWs, $16,000,000, 42 stakes horses; 55% 2YO SHs (23-of-42)
- 2014: 17 SHs, $3.7M; A.P. INDY's Leading Juvenile Sire - 9 2YO winners, 3 2YO SHs, $600,000
- 2013: 17 2YO winners, 4 2YO SHs, 3 2YO SWs
- 2014 Sales: Yearlings are averaging $114,139, incl. $375,000, $320,000, $310,000, $275,000, $250,000, $250,000, $250,000, $200,000
- Three U.S. G1 winners - four Grade 1 two-year-olds - in his first two crops
- One of just six active stallions in 2012 to sire two or more U.S. G1 SWs on dirt
- Greatest increase in quality of mares bred in his fee range ($25,000-$49,000) - 80%
- 117 mares bred in 2013 - 157 registered 2YOs of 2014
Congrats bred more mares than any stallion in the nation his first year in Kentucky (205), and his ensuing CI (2.71) and CPI (4.30) were among the very best in his fee range. In 2012, he sired two G1 winners: Emma's Encore and Turbulent Descent. Just six active stallions sired two or more U.S. G1 winners on dirt that year, and he was the only one who stood for less than $60,000.
Progeny by Congrats are highly sought-after at public auction. In 2014, his yearlings are averaging $114,139, with 11 selling for at least $150,000. His 2-year-olds in training sold for $300,000, $260,000, $220,000, $190,000, $155,000, $135,000, etc. In 2013, his yearlings have sold for $310,000, $300,000, $250,000. His weanlings sold for $200,000, $145,000, $130,000; And his in-foal mares averaged $129,210 led by $460,000, $310,000, $300,000. The future is, indeed, bright.
"Outstanding sire."--John Sparkman in Blood-Horse May 11, 2013