- Top-10 Second-Crop Sire; G3 winner GOLDEN DIAMOND; multiple winner Aquamarine; dazzling maiden special weight winners Appalachian Gem and Daria's Angel, etc.
- 2017 sales include $285,000 filly and $250,000 colt at OBSMAR 2-year-old sale
- A Top-Five First-Crop Sire in 2016, led by 2yo filly YELLOW AGATE, winner of the Frizette S. [G1] at Belmont, and 2yo colt THEORY, a TDN Rising Star at Saratoga & winner of the Futurity S. [G3] at Belmont
- 2016 sales progeny included: 2-year-olds of $550,000, $360,000, $335,000, $300,000, $300,000, etc.,
yearlings of $400,000, $290,000, $235,000, $220,000 etc., weanlings of $260,000, $170,000, $140,000, etc.
- Best bred son of emerging sire of sires Tiznow, hailing from a rich Ned Evans family: Dam is a multiple stakes producer by Mr. Prospector; 14 stakes performers under the first three dams
- Undefeated through first five starts following a decisive victory in the $1,000,000 Wood Memorial [G1], where he defeated G1 winners ALPHA, THE LUMBER GUY, etc.
- Won the Kentucky Jockey Club S. [G2] at Churchill Downs at 2; an early Winter Book favorite for the Kentucky Derby [G1]
- One of the most popular sires in North America in 2016 – 165 mares bred, his largest book to date; Covered at least 120 mares in each of his first four books
Bred by G. Watts Humphrey and from a famed Ned Evans family, the top sires in Gemologist's female line include Deputy Minister, Riverman, Exclusive Native, Victoria Park, Black Toney, and Vice Regent.
Gemologist covered at least 123 mares in each of his first four seasons. His inaugural in-foal mares sold for $150,000, $135,000, $115,000, $110,000, etc. His inaugural weanlings averaged more than 3 1/2 times the stud fee, including $185,000 and $125,000 colts, and $115,000 and $110,000 fillies.