- #2 Freshman Sire of 2016: Game Frizette S. [G1] winner YELLOW AGATE; dominant Futurity S. [G3] winner THEORY, both potential Breeders' Cup starters; nine winners, all in MdSpWt races
- Leading Freshman Sire at OBS April: $550,000 & $335,000 colts and $300,000 & $210,000 fillies
- 2016 sales: $400,000 and $220,000 colts at KEESEP; First 2-year-olds averaging $119,026, top ten among Freshman Sires
- Best bred son of emerging sire of sires Tiznow, hailing from a rich Ned Evans family: Dam is a multiple stakes producer by Mr. Prospector; 14 stakes performers under the first three dams
- Undefeated through first five starts following a decisive victory in the $1,000,000 Wood Memorial [G1], where he defeated G1 winners ALPHA, THE LUMBER GUY, etc.
- Undefeated at two incl. the KY Jockey Club S. [G2] at Churchill - an early Winter Book favorite for the Kentucky Derby [G1]
- First yearlings in 2015 sold up to $280,000, $240,000, $210,000, $200,000, etc., incl. the two top-priced colts at OBS August Yearling Sale’s select session
- Precocious & Fast: Won gate-to-wire from 6 furlongs to a mile,
incl. by 5L in 2yo debut and by 7L in 3yo debut over Currency Swap [G1]
- Covered at least 120 mares in the past three years; first 2-year-olds racing in 2016
Bred by G. Watts Humphrey and from a famed Ned Evans family, the top sires in Gemologist's female line include Deputy Minister, Riverman, Exclusive Native, Victoria Park, Black Toney, and Vice Regent.
Gemologist covered 284 mares his first two seasons combined. His inaugural in-foal mares sold for $150,000, $135,000, $115,000, $110,000, etc. His inaugural weanlings averaged more than 3 1/2 times the stud fee, including $185,000 and $125,000 colts, and $115,000 and $110,000 fillies.