- Top 10 Second-Crop Sire by earnings and by winners, including multiple G1 winner PIKUDO, G3 winner GOLDEN DIAMOND, stakes winners MIND READER, ROSE TO FAME & XERXES AVENUE, and stakes-placed colts Aquamarine and Gemologister, etc.
- 2017 sales included 2-year-olds for $285,000, $250,000, $185,000 and yearlings up to $235,000.
- A Top 5 First-Crop Sire in 2016, led by 2-year-old filly YELLOW AGATE, winner of the Frizette S. [G1] at Belmont, and 2-year-old colt THEORY, a TDN Rising Star at Saratoga & winner of the Futurity S. [G3] at Belmont
- Best bred son of emerging sire of sires Tiznow, hailing from a rich Ned Evans family: Dam is a multiple stakes producer by Mr. Prospector; 14 stakes performers under the first three dams
- Undefeated through first five starts following a decisive victory in the $1,000,000 Wood Memorial [G1], where he defeated G1 winners ALPHA, THE LUMBER GUY, etc.
- Won the Kentucky Jockey Club S. [G2] at Churchill Downs at 2; an early Winter Book favorite for the Kentucky Derby [G1]
- One of the most popular sires in North America over the past two years – 307 mares bred
Bred by G. Watts Humphrey and from a famed Ned Evans family, the top sires in Gemologist's female line include Deputy Minister, Riverman, Exclusive Native, Victoria Park, Black Toney, and Vice Regent.
Gemologist covered an average of 142 mares in his first five seasons. First in-foal mares in 2013 of $150,000, $135,000, $115,000, etc. First weanlings in 2014 of $185,000, $125,000, $115,000, etc. First yearlings in 2015 of $280,000, $240,000, $210,000, $200,000, etc. First 2-year-olds in 2016 of $550,000, $400,000, $360,000, $335,000, $300,000, $300,000, etc.