Multiple Grade 1 three-year-old Hold Me Back is one of the most promising sons of Giant’s Causeway to enter stud.
The multiple Graded stakes winner of $872,610 is off to a strong start, with seven impressive winners and three stakes horses, plus multiple six-figure sales horses. His accomplishments include:
- Top 10 Freshman Sire of 2014 - #2 Freshman Sire of Stakes Horses
- Seven 2-year-old winners, 4 1/2f to one mile, at Churchill, Gulfstream, Pimlico, etc.
- Three stakes horses, incl. HOLD FOR MORE, runaway stakes winner by 5 1/4
- First 2YOs in Training include $135,000 and $100,000 colts, $120,000 and $100,000 fillies
- Won first two starts at two on the main track
- Won $500,000 Lane’s End S. (G2) at 9 furlongs in his 3-year-old debut
- Won $187,000 Dominion Day S. (G3) at 10 furlongs
- 2nd in the $1,000,000 Travers S. (G1) & 2nd in the $750,000 Blue Grass (G1)
Hall of Fame horseman Bill Mott said admiringly of Hold Me Back, “Standing every bit of 16.3, he is a very fluid mover and an imposing individual. He is versatile and ran in all of the big races, including a great Travers run.”
Hold Me Back is by two-time U.S. Champion Sire Giant’s Causeway, and out of a daughter of two-time Champion Avowal. He bred 299 mares his first three years combined. His 2014 yearlings include a $190,000 Keeneland colt, while his 2014 two-year-olds averaged 8 1/2 times the stud fee. Watch him continue to soar.