Multiple Grade 1 three-year-old Hold Me Back is one of the most promising sons of Giant’s Causeway to enter stud.
The multiple Graded stakes winner of $872,610 is off to a strong start, with six impressive winners and two stakes horses, plus multiple six-figure two-year-olds in training. His accomplishments include:
- Top 10 Freshman Sire of 2014 - Six 2-year-old winners, four who won their debuts
- First starter, TRUTH IN THE LIES, broke first and never looked back in daylight debut victory
- Second winner, Iknowsheknowsiknow, won MdSpWt debut by 4 1/2 lengths, then placed in a $40,000 stakes on August 9th
- Third winner, SOMETHING NICE, won MdSpWt debut on the main track by 3 lengths
- Fourth winner, MY MISS VENEZUELA, led at every call in Gulfstream bow, by 3 1/4 in :59.59
- Fifth winner, KUTUZOV, won a maiden special at Gulfstream, 5 1/2f on turf
- Sixth winner, HOLD FOR MORE, won a MdSpWt at 5 1/2f on dirt by 5 lengths as "much the best"
- First stakes horse, Holdmesara, runner-up in the Silver Cup Futurity Aug. 2nd
- First 2YOs in Training include $135,000 and $100,000 colts, $120,000 and $100,000 fillies
- Won first two starts at two on the main track
- Won $500,000 Lane’s End S. (G2) at 9 furlongs in his 3-year-old debut
- Won $187,000 Dominion Day S. (G3) at 10 furlongs
- Ran 2nd $1,000,000 Travers S. (G1) on the dirt, defeating Quality Road
- Ran 2nd $750,000 Blue Grass S. (G1)
Hall of Fame horseman Bill Mott said admiringly of Hold Me Back, “Standing every bit of 16.3, he is a very fluid mover and an imposing individual. He is versatile and ran in all of the big races, including a great Travers run.”
Hold Me Back is by two-time U.S. Champion Sire Giant’s Causeway, and out of a daughter of two-time Champion Avowal. He bred 299 mares his first three years combined. His 2014 two-year-olds in training averaged 8 1/2 times the stud fee, while his 2013 yearlings averaged nearly six times the fee. Hold Me Back has 78 registered two-year-olds of 2014. Watch them soar.