A triple Grade 1 winner and multiple Champion who descends from generations of precocious sires, Kodiak Kowboy has quickly confirmed the legacy of his lineage.
His inaugural two-year-olds have shot out of the gate, with 14 winners (co-best in the nation!) and three $100,000 stakes horses, propelling him to the top of the freshman sires rankings. Career highlights include:
- America's co-Leading Freshman Sire by Winners
KY's fourth-ranked Freshman Sire by Earnings
- Three $100,000 stakes horses: COOL COWBOY (3 wins, incl. Inaugural S.), Sidearm (at Belmont), Tupancy Links (at Laurel)
- Fourteen winners at 11 tracks, 11 MdSpWt winners, including Saratoga and Gulfstream
- 2013 sales progeny led by $140,000 colt, $115,000 filly
- Eclipse Award Champion Sprinter at 4
- Champion two-year-old in Canada
- Grade 1 winner at three distances
- 11 wins - 9 stakes wins - 4 1/2 furlongs to one mile
- On the board in 20 of 23 career starts
- 100+ Beyers at 6f, 6 1/2f, 7f, 7 1/2f, and one mile
Kodiak Kowboy is from a long line of early maturing stallions. Posse was Champion Freshman Sire of 2007. Silver Deputy sired four two-year-old champions among his 88 career stakes winners. Deputy Minister sired 90 stakes winners and forged his own branch of the Northern Dancer line. Vice Regent sired 105 stakes winners. And then there's Northern Dancer.
Werk Thoroughbred Consultants hailed Kodiak Kowboy as a new sire to watch when he first retired, noting, "The new 'speed gene' that’s been found would classify Kodiak Kowboy as a C:C – that’s speed and early maturity squared! Take a look at Kodiak Kowboy’s sire line and see how consistently speed oriented and early developing it is..."
"One of the most attractive stallion prospects...a classic 'NO BRAINER'!"
--Werk Thoroughbred Consultants