Champion Sire More Than Ready is a globally important stallion whose name is recognized in every country in the world that races horses.
One of the youngest in history to attain 100 stakes winners and 1,000 winners, More Than Ready has sired Graded stakes winners in 12 countries, Grade 1 winners in seven. And as perhaps North America's preeminent representative of the Halo line, he offers unparalleled outcross potential. A listing of his accomplishments includes:
- The Best Beyer Speed Figure of 2013 by a 3-year-old - 116 by VERRAZANO
- 123 stakes winners - 2nd best among all active North American sires
- 236 stakes horses from 157 different broodmare sires
- 56 Group/Graded SWs, 15 Group/Grade 1 winners
- Three Breeders' Cup winners of the past four years
- 26 stakes victories Feb. 23 to November 16th:
G1 SWs VERRAZANO, MORE THAN SACRED, SAMAREADY
- 18 SWs, 12 GSWs in 2013, Northern & Southern Hemispheres
- Worldwide progeny earnings of more than $104.9 million
More Than Ready is one of the industry's most reliable sires. Champion Sire in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres, he has averaged 19 2YO winners and seven 2YO SHs for 10 straight seasons. In 2013, he has sired 21 stakes horses, 14 2YO winners, 4 2YO SHs and $7,400,000 in North America and Europe alone.
More Than Ready offers superb commercial opportunity as well. In 2013, he sired a Session Topper at the Tattersalls Breeze-Up Sale (U.S. $516,129) as well as $700,000 and $600,000 yearlings at the Inglis Sale. His Saratoga Select yearlings averaged $283,333; his overall yearling average is $121,517 (72 sold); and he was broodmare sire of an $850,000 yearling. His 2013 yearling crop and his current weanling crop are arguably his best American-breds, having been conceived immediately following his first two Breeders' Cup winners.