Champion Sire More Than Ready is a globally important stallion whose name is recognized in every country in the world that races horses.
One of the youngest in history to attain 100 stakes winners and 1,000 winners, More Than Ready has sired Graded stakes winners in 12 countries, Grade 1 winners in seven. And as perhaps North America's preeminent representative of the Halo line, he offers unparalleled outcross potential. A listing of his accomplishments includes:
- 131 stakes winners - 2nd best among all active North American sires
- 244 stakes horses from 161 different broodmare sires
- 59 Group/Graded SWs, 16 Group/Grade 1 winners
- Three Breeders' Cup winners of the past four years
- The Best Beyer Speed Figure by far of any 3-year-old in 2013 - 116 by VERRAZANO
- 36 stakes victories Feb. 23, 2013 to March 2nd, 2014, incl. G1 SWs:
VERRAZANO, MORE THAN SACRED, SAMAREADY, AN SERAFINI
- 20 SWs, 12 GSWs in 2013, Northern & Southern Hemispheres
- Worldwide progeny earnings of $107 million
More Than Ready is one of the industry's most reliable sires. Champion Sire in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres, in 2013 he sired 24 stakes horses, 6 2YO SHs in North America and Europe alone. Through the first 8 weeks of 2014, he has sired 10 stakes horses - five stakes winners - six in the Northern Hemisphere and four Down Under.
More Than Ready offers superb commercial opportunity as well. In 2013, he sired a Session Topper at the Tattersalls Breeze-Up Sale (U.S. $516,129) as well as $700,000 and $600,000 yearlings at the Inglis Sale. His Saratoga Select yearlings averaged $283,333; his overall yearling average is $121,517 (72 sold); and he was broodmare sire of an $850,000 yearling. His 2013 yearling crop and his current weanling crop are arguably his best American-breds, having been conceived immediately following his first two Breeders' Cup winners.