- A leading third-crop sire of 2019 with over $5.5 million in progeny earnings: 2YO filly LAZY DAISY, winner of the Pocahontas S. [G2], NEEDS SUPERVISION, winner of the Silverbulletday S. and Safely Kept S., A BIT OF BOTH, winner of the Honey Bee S., Game Face S., and OBS Filly and Mare Sprint S., DIAMOND DUST, winner of the Tall Stack S. and Howard B. Noonan S., Motu, runner-up in the Golden Rod S. [G2], Vangilder, runner-up in the Super Derby [G3], etc.
- Top 3 Second-Crop Sire of 2018, led by 2YO colt KNICKS GO, winner of the $500,000 Breeders' Futurity [G1] and runner-up in the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile [G1], also named Maryland-bred Horse of the Year and Maryland-bred 2YO Male
- The fastest G1-winning colt by sire of sires AWESOME AGAIN since Champion Ghostzapper
- At 3: Dominant winner of the $1,000,000 Haskell Invitational [G1] in 1:48 4/5, runner-up by a neck in the $1,000,000 Belmont S. [G1]
- Fastest Ragozin pattern of any 3YO from his vintage crop: 1 1⁄2, 2 1⁄2, 2 1⁄2. Ran a 107 Beyer in
the Haskell, then returned at four to run a 114 Beyer—the fastest Beyer under a mile in 2013
- A sire’s pedigree and physical: Out of a full sister to Horse of the Year and leading sire TIZNOW
- “He’s the best colt I’ve ever purchased.” —David Ingordo
From top to bottom, Paynter was bred to be a sire. He is by elite sire Awesome Again (66 SWs, 15 G1Ws), and has a very similar breeding cross as Awesome Again's best son, Ghostzapper (75 SWs, 40 GSWs).
Paynter's dam is a full sister to Champion Sire Tiznow (78 SWs, 15 G1Ws), and an outcross within 4 generations (closest inbreeding 4x5x5 Northern Dancer).