- First 2017 2-year-olds at auction include a $425,000 colt at FTFFEB, $250,000 colt at OBSAPR, and a $200,000 colt at OBSMAR
- First-crop yearlings in 2016 incl. $520,000 – 2nd highest by a freshman sire, $335,000, $255,000, $230,000, $200,000, etc.
- $101,636 Avg. from 11 first-crop weanlings sold in 2015, including a $250,000 colt purchased by Stonestreet and a $190,000 colt purchased by Maverick Racing & Zayat Stable
- The fastest Grade 1-winning colt by sire of sires AWESOME AGAIN since champion Ghostzapper
- At 3: Dominant winner of the $1,000,000 Haskell Invitational [G1] in 1:48 4/5, runner-up by a neck in the $1,000,000 Belmont S. [G1]
- Fastest Ragozin pattern of any 3yo from his vintage crop: 1 1/2, 2 1/4, 2 1/2. Ran a 107 Beyer in
the Haskell, then returned at four to run a 114 Beyer — the fastest Beyer under a mile in 2013
- A sire’s physical: Out of a full sister to Horse of the Year and leading sire TIZNOW
- “He’s the best colt I’ve ever purchased.” — David Ingordo
- Bred 438 mares in his first three seasons combined — First crop of 2-year-olds race in 2017
From top to bottom, Paynter was bred to be a sire. He is by elite sire Awesome Again (60 SWs, 14 G1 SWs), and has a very similar breeding cross as Awesome Again's best son, Ghostzapper (42 SWs, 22 GSWs).
Paynter's dam is a full sister to Champion Sire Tiznow (57 SWs, 12 G1 SWs), and an outcross within 4 generations (closest inbreeding 4x5x5 Northern Dancer). Paynter covered a superb book of 158 mares in 2015 and 153 in 2016. His first in-foal mare offered at public auction sold at Keeneland for $275,000. His first weanlings offered at auction at the Keeneland November sale include a $250,000 colt bought by Stonestreet Stables and a $150,000 colt purchased by TMO Racing, while 2016 yearlings included a $520,000 colt at Keeneland and a $335,000 filly Fasig-Tipton Saratoga.