- 2016 sales: $520,000 & $230,000 colts at KEESEP; $335,000 filly, $255,000 & $200,000 colts at FTSAUG
- $101,636 Avg. from 11 first-crop weanlings sold in 2015, including a $250,000 colt purchased by
Stonestreet and a $190,000 colt purchased by Maverick Racing & Zayat Stable
- The fastest Grade 1-winning colt by sire of sires AWESOME AGAIN since champion Ghostzapper
- At 3: Dominant winner of the $1,000,000 Haskell Invitational [G1] in 1:48 4/5, runner-up by a neck in the $1,000,000 Belmont S. [G1]
- Fastest Ragozin pattern of any 3yo from his vintage crop: 1 1/2, 2 1/4, 2 1/2. Ran a 107 Beyer in
the Haskell, then returned at four to run a 114 Beyer — the fastest Beyer under a mile in 2013.
- Won his career debut going away on dirt at Santa Anita - 5 1/2f in 1:02.98: Won his synthetic track debut at Hollywood - 7f in 1:21.86
- A sire’s pedigree & physical: Out of a full sister to Horse of the Year and leading sire TIZNOW
- “He’s the best colt I’ve ever purchased.” — David Ingordo
- Bred to 285 mares in 2014-2015; first yearlings in 2016
From top to bottom, Paynter was bred to be a sire. He is by elite sire Awesome Again (60 SWs, 14 G1 SWs), and has a very similar breeding cross as Awesome Again's best son, Ghostzapper (42 SWs, 22 GSWs).
Paynter's dam is a full sister to Champion Sire Tiznow (57 SWs, 12 G1 SWs), and an outcross within 4 generations (closest inbreeding 4x5x5 Northern Dancer). Paynter covered a superb book of 158 mares in 2015, and his first in-foal mare offered at public auction sold at Keeneland for $275,000. His first weanlings offered at auction at the Keeneland November sale include a $250,000 colt bought by Stonestreet Stables and a $150,000 colt purchased by TMO Racing.