- A top 5 second-crop sire with 12 stakes horses in 2018
- 2018 racing: 2YO colt KNICKS GO, winner of the $500,000 Breeders' Futurity [G1] and runner-up in the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile [G1], 3YO filly DARK ARTIST, back-to-back stakes winner of the Boiling Springs S. & Open Mind S., 3YO filly RENAISANCE FROLIC, winner of the Bear's Den S., 2YO filly DIAMOND DUST, winner of the Hoover S., G2-placed Ms Peintour, G3-placed Movie Moment, etc.
- 2018 sales: second-crop 2YOs of $200,000, $200,000, $150,000, $140,000, $120,000, etc. Yearlings up to $130,000
- Top 10 First-Crop Sire in 2017
- The fastest G1-winning colt by sire of sires AWESOME AGAIN since champion Ghostzapper
- At 3: Dominant winner of the $1,000,000 Haskell Invitational [G1] in 1:48 4/5, runner-up by a neck in the $1,000,000 Belmont S. [G1]
- Fastest Ragozin pattern of any 3YO from his vintage crop: 1 1⁄2, 2 1⁄2, 2 1⁄2. Ran a 107 Beyer in
the Haskell, then returned at four to run a 114 Beyer — the fastest Beyer under a mile in 2013
- A sire’s pedigree and physical: Out of a full sister to Horse of the Year and leading sire TIZNOW
- “He’s the best colt I’ve ever purchased.” — David Ingordo
- Largest crop to date will be 3-year-olds of 2019
From top to bottom, Paynter was bred to be a sire. He is by elite sire Awesome Again (64 SWs, 14 G1Ws), and has a very similar breeding cross as Awesome Again's best son, Ghostzapper (67 SWs, 35 GSWs).
Paynter's dam is a full sister to Champion Sire Tiznow (73 SWs, 15 G1Ws), and an outcross within 4 generations (closest inbreeding 4x5x5 Northern Dancer).