- Top 10 First-Crop Sire in Kentucky in 2017
- First 2-year-olds include RENAISANCE FROLIC, Gulfstream Park stakes winner, stakes-placed Affluential and Dark Artist, and MdSpWt winners on both dirt and turf
- First-crop 2-year-olds of $425,000, $270,000, $250,000, $200,000, etc. Yearlings of $200,000, $170,000, $170,000, etc. in 2017.
- The fastest Grade 1-winning colt by sire of sires AWESOME AGAIN since champion Ghostzapper
- At 3: Dominant winner of the $1,000,000 Haskell Invitational [G1] in 1:48 4/5, runner-up by a neck in the $1,000,000 Belmont S. [G1]
- Fastest Ragozin pattern of any 3yo from his vintage crop: 1 1⁄2, 2 1⁄, 2 1⁄2. Ran a 107 Beyer in
the Haskell, then returned at four to run a 114 Beyer — the fastest Beyer under a mile in 2013
- A sire’s pedigree and physical: Out of a full sister to Horse of the Year and leading sire TIZNOW
- “He’s the best colt I’ve ever purchased.” — David Ingordo
From top to bottom, Paynter was bred to be a sire. He is by elite sire Awesome Again (62 SWs, 14 G1 SWs), and has a very similar breeding cross as Awesome Again's best son, Ghostzapper (62 SWs, 32 GSWs).
Paynter's dam is a full sister to Champion Sire Tiznow (66 SWs, 15 G1 SWs), and an outcross within 4 generations (closest inbreeding 4x5x5 Northern Dancer). His first in-foal mare offered at public auction sold at Keeneland for $275,000. His first weanlings offered at auction at the Keeneland November sale include a $250,000 colt bought by Stonestreet Stables and a $150,000 colt purchased by TMO Racing, while 2016 yearlings included a $520,000 colt at Keeneland and a $335,000 filly Fasig-Tipton Saratoga.