- First in-foal mare brought $275,000; first weanlings include $250,000 and $150,000 colts
- Exceptional from 5 1.2 furlongs to 1 1/2 miles, coast to coast
- Dominant winner of the $1,000,000 Haskell Invitational (G1) in fast time - 1:48 4/5
- Second by a neck in the Classic $1,000,000 Belmont S. (G1) after setting the pace through one of the fastest opening quarters in 20 years - :23 3/5
- Sped the best Ragozin Numbers of any 3YO in his crop - 1-1/2, 2-1/4, 2-1/2
- Fastest son of sire of sires & top classic influence AWESOME AGAIN since Ghostzapper
- Arguably the fastest 3yo from a vintage crop: 107 Beyer & 1-1/2 Ragozin
- Best Beyer Speed Figure of 2013 Under a Mile at 4 - 114
- Won his career debut going away on dirt at Santa Anita - 5 1/2f in 1:02.98: Won his synthetic track debut at Hollywood - 7f in 1:21.86
- First or 2nd eight times in 10 starts, including Grade 1's coast to coast
- Winner NTRA Moment of the Year and Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Excellent sire's family: Dam is full sister to TIZNOW
- Bred to 285 mares in 2014-2015; first yearlings in 2016
From top to bottom, Paynter was bred to be a sire. He is by elite sire Awesome Again (60 SWs, 14 G1 SWs), and has a very similar breeding cross as Awesome Again's best son, Ghostzapper (42 SWs, 22 GSWs).
Paynter's dam is a full sister to Champion Sire Tiznow (57 SWs, 12 G1 SWs), and an outcross within 4 generations (closest inbreeding 4x5x5 Northern Dancer). Paynter covered a superb book of 158 mares in 2015, and his first in-foal mare offered at public auction sold at Keeneland for $275,000. His first weanlings offered at auction at the Keeneland November sale include a $250,000 colt bought by Stonestreet Stables and a $150,000 colt purchased by TMO Racing.