Multiple Grade 1 winner and millionaire Pioneerof the Nile has all the makings of a top sire. He is the leading money-winning son of Empire Maker, out of a stakes-winning/multiple Graded stakes producer, and from the family of top sire In Reality.
Pioneerof the Nile is off to a super start as a sire. He is not only America's leading second crop sire by far, but he sired Derby, Preakness AND Belmont contenders, and his sales progeny and in-foal mares remain highly sought-after. His accomplishments include:
- The only stallion in his crop to sire Derby, Preakness and Belmont contenders
- Sire of three Graded stakes winners in a four-day span, Aug. 31st to Sept. 3rd
- Sire of the Best 2YO Beyer and the Best 3YO Beyer on dirt in 2014
- America's Leading Sophomore Sire by: Earnings, SHs, SWs, Graded SWs, Graded SHs
- 6 SWs, 5 Graded SWs, 11 SHs, 7 Graded SHs
- Top progeny incl.: Del Mar Futurity (G1) victor AMERICAN PHAROAH; Multiple G2 SW CAIRO PRINCE ($562,000); Grade 2 SW MIDNIGHT STORM (285,810); Preakness (G1)-placed SOCIAL INCLUSION ($384,400); Multiple Gr. SW JOJO WARRIOR ($260,781); multiple $100,000 SW CONQUEST TOP GUN
- Leading Sire in his crop by 2014 yearling average - $161,500
- Leading Sire in his crop by 2014 2YOs in training average - $107,385
- 2014 yearlings have sold for $475,000, $425,000, etc.
The most accomplished son of Empire Maker, Pioneerof the Nile won four consecutive Graded stakes, including the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (G1) and $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (G1). Runner-up in the KY Derby (G1) in his first start on dirt, he excelled over all three surfaces - dirt, turf, and all-weather.
At least 57 of his sales progeny have brought $100,000 or more, with buyers including Stonestreet (2), Solis & Litt, Ingordo Bloodstock, Conquest Stables, Regis Farms, John Kimmel, Gary Contessa, Mike Ryan, Starlight Racing, Whisper Hill, and Dennis O'Neill. Many more have been retained by their breeders, including Zayat Stables, who owned and bred Pioneerof the Nile. In 2013, Pioneerof the Nile covered more mares than any other year at stud - 142.
"We believe in the stallion."--John Moynihan