Multiple Grade 1 winner and millionaire Pioneerof the Nile has all the makings of a top sire. He is the leading money-winning son of Empire Maker, out of a stakes-winning/multiple Graded stakes producer, and from the family of top sire In Reality.
Pioneerof the Nile is off to a super start as a sire. He is not only America's leading second crop sire by far, but he sired Derby, Preakness AND Belmont contenders, and his sales progeny and in-foal mares remain highly sought-after. A roster of his accomplishments includes:
- The only stallion in his crop to sire Derby, Preakness and Belmont contenders
- The best Beyer by a 3YO in 2014 - 110 by SOCIAL INCLUSION
- America's Leading Sophomore Sire by: Earnings, SHs, SWs, Graded SWs, Graded SHs
- Nine SHs, 5 Graded SHs, 4 SWs, 3 Graded SWs from his first crop, incl.: Preakness (G1)-placed SOCIAL INCLUSION ($374,400); Derby contender VINCEREMOS (G3); Multiple G2 SW CAIRO PRINCE ($562,000); G2 SW JOJO WARRIOR ($200,781); multiple $100,000 SW CONQUEST TOP GUN
- Leading Sire in his crop by 2014 2YOs in training average - $107,385
- Leading Sire in his crop by 2013 Saratoga Select average - $250,000
- Leading Sire in his crop by 2013 yearling average - $97,514
- Highest-priced 2-year-old of all-time at OBS June - $525,000
The most accomplished son of Empire Maker, Pioneerof the Nile won four consecutive Graded stakes, including the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (G1) and $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (G1). Runner-up in the KY Derby (G1) in his first start on dirt, he excelled over all three surfaces - dirt, turf, and all-weather.
At least 49 of his sales progeny have brought $100,000 or more, with buyers including Stonestreet (2), Ingordo Bloodstock, Conquest Stables, Regis Farms, John Kimmel, Gary Contessa, Mike Ryan, Sagamore Farm, Hidden Brook, Whisper Hill, Dennis O'Neill, and Rick Violette. Many more have been retained by their breeders, including Zayat Stables, who owned and bred Pioneerof the Nile. Last season, Pioneerof the Nile covered more mares than any other year at stud - 142.
"We believe in the stallion."--John Moynihan