Multiple Grade 1 winning millionaire Pioneerof the Nile forged an impressive record on the track, and is now establishing an even more impressive record at stud.
The leading money-winning son of Empire Maker, he is out of a multiple Graded stakes producer, and from the family of In Reality. Far and away America's leading second crop stallion, he sired Derby, Preakness AND Belmont contenders from his first crop, and America's best two-year-old in his second. His accomplishments include:
- America's Leading Sophomore Sire by: Earnings, SHs, SWs, Graded SWs, Graded SHs, G1 SHs
- 6 SWs, 5 Graded SWs, 12 SHs, 8 Graded SHs, 3 Gr. 1 SHs, $4M in earnings
- Sire of America's best two-year-old - back-to-back Grade 1 winner AMERICAN PHAROAH, only juvenile this year to run two Triple Digit Beyers
- Top progeny incl.: multiple G1 SW AMERICAN PHAROAH ($361,500); Multiple G2 SW CAIRO PRINCE ($562,000); Grade 2 SW MIDNIGHT STORM (285,810); Preakness (G1)-placed SOCIAL INCLUSION ($384,400); Multiple Gr. SW JOJO WARRIOR ($371,981); multiple $100,000 SW CONQUEST TOP GUN
- Leading Sire in his crop by 2014 yearling average - $112,444
- Leading Sire in his crop by 2014 2YOs in training average - $107,385
- 2014 yearlings have sold for $475,000, $425,000, $240,000, etc.
The most accomplished son of Empire Maker, Pioneerof the Nile won four consecutive Graded stakes, including the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (G1) and $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (G1). Runner-up in the KY Derby (G1) in his first start on dirt, he excelled over all three surfaces - dirt, turf, and all-weather.
More than 60 of his sales progeny have brought $100,000 or more, with buyers including Stonestreet (2), Solis & Litt, Ingordo Bloodstock, Conquest Stables, Regis Farms, John Kimmel, Gary Contessa, Mike Ryan, Starlight Racing, Whisper Hill, and Dennis O'Neill. Others have been retained by their breeders, including Zayat Stables, who owned and bred Pioneerof the Nile. In 2013, Pioneerof the Nile was bred to 142 mares- in 2014, he covered 131 mares.
"We believe in the stallion."--John Moynihan