- World’s No. 1 Cumulative Fourth-Crop Sire by a wide margin, with record-breaking progeny earnings of over $22,000,000
- First crop: Leading miler MIDNIGHT STORM [G1], early Derby favorite & popular young sire CAIRO PRINCE [G2], Gulfstream NTR & Preakness [G1]–placed SOCIAL INCLUSION, JOJO WARRIOR [G2], CASH CONTROL [G3], VINCEREMOS [G3], etc.
- Second crop: Horse of the Year AMERICAN PHAROAH [G1], dominant winner of the Breeders’ Cup Classic [G1] & first horse in 37 years to win the Triple Crown: Kentucky Derby [G1], Preakness S. [G1] & Belmont S. [G1]
- Third & fourth crops: Champion 2-Year-Old Colt Pro Tem CLASSIC EMPIRE [G1], winner of the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile [G1] & Breeders’ Futurity [G1], and early favorite for the 2017 Kentucky Derby; DARK NILE [G3], LEVANTE LION [G3], etc.
- Already the sire of 3 colts to run 110+ Beyers around two turns; Progeny Beyers incl. 120, 110, 110, 109, 106, 106, 105, 105, 105, etc.
- North America’s No. 6 Active Yearling Sire in 2016 – $230,346 Avg. – incl. colts of $950,000, $925,000, $700,000, $650,000, $625,000, $575,000, $500,000, $500,000, etc.
- North America’s No. 4 Weanling Sire in 2016 – $337,500 Avg. – incl. colts up to $600,000 and fillies up to $360,000
The leading money-winning son of Empire Maker and heir to the Classic Fappiano sire line, Pioneerof the Nile won four consecutive Graded stakes, including the $750,000 CashCall Futurity [G1] and $750,000 Santa Anita Derby [G1]. Runner-up in the Kentucky Derby [G1] in his first start on dirt, he excelled over all three surfaces - dirt, turf, and all-weather.
Pioneerof the Nile has been an outstanding commercial success. His 2015 2YOs in Training averaged $203,000, while his Keeneland January yearlings averaged $99,250. At least 85 of his sales progeny have now brought $100,000 or higher.
"The standout is WinStar's Pioneerof the Nile, with a 4.24 A-Runner Index (8.48% of runners). Historically, sires which score 4.00 are the truly elite 'World Top 12' sires."--Bill Oppenheim