- World’s No. 1 Third-Crop Sire of 2015 & No. 1 Cumulative Third-Crop Sire – both by a wide margin & top Five General Sire of 2015
- 2016 Sales: $450,000 colt and $270,000 filly at OBS March & $300,000 colt at OBS April
- 12 Graded SHs to date give him a 3.32 APEX A-Runner Index – comparable to Bernardini as a third-crop sire – and higher than all other third-crop sires since Medaglia d’Oro and Tapit in 2010.
- 5 Graded SWs to date, led by 2015 HORSE OF THE YEAR & 3-year-old Champion AMERICAN PHAROAH, dominant winner of the Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1) & first horse in 37 years to win the Triple Crown: Kentucky Derby (G1), Preakness S. (G1), & Belmont S. (G1)
- The only stallion in North America to accomplish $16 million in cumulative progeny earnings as a third-crop sire.
- Also sire of early ‘14 KY Derby favorite CAIRO PRINCE (G2), Gulfstream track record-holder & Preakness (G1)–placed SOCIAL INCLUSION – giving him runners in 5 of 6 Classics from his first two crops, including 4 on-the-board finishes
- 2015 sales progeny: 2yos up to $840,000, yearlings up to $500,000, & weanlings up to $410,000
- 2015 book of mares included: 27 Graded SWs, 21 Graded Producers, 13 G1 Producers, 9 G1 Winners
The leading money-winning son of Empire Maker and heir to the Classic Fappiano sire line, Pioneerof the Nile won four consecutive Graded stakes, including the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (G1) and $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (G1). Runner-up in the KY Derby (G1) in his first start on dirt, he excelled over all three surfaces - dirt, turf, and all-weather.
Pioneerof the Nile has been an outstanding commercial success. His 2015 2YOs in Training averaged $203,000, while his Keeneland January yearlings averaged $99,250. At least 85 of his sales progeny have now brought $100,000 or higher.
"The standout is WinStar's Pioneerof the Nile, with a 4.24 A-Runner Index (8.48% of runners). Historically, sires which score 4.00 are the truly elite 'World Top 12' sires."--Bill Oppenheim