Multiple Grade 1 winner and millionaire Pioneerof the Nile has all the makings of a top sire. He is the leading money-winning son of Empire Maker, out of a stakes-winning/multiple Graded stakes producer, and from the family of top sire In Reality.
Pioneerof the Nile is off to a super start as a sire. He is not only America's leading second crop sire by far - including THREE top Triple Crown prospects - but his sales progeny and in-foal mares remain highly sought-after. A roster of his accomplishments includes:
- The highest Beyer Speed Figure by a 3YO in 2014 - 111
- Three 3YOs hot on the Triple Crown trail: CAIRO PRINCE ($562,000), Grade 2 SW at 2 and 3; VINCEREMOS, victor $250,000 Sam F. Davis S. (G3); Track record-setter/Wood (G1)-3rd SOCIAL INCLUSION
- America's Leading Sophomore Sire by overall earnings, 2014 earnings, Graded SHs
- Only stallion in his siring crop to sire two Graded stakes-winning colts
- Leading Sire in his crop by 2014 2YOs in Training average (3+ sold) - $172,000
- Leading Sire in his crop by 2013 Saratoga Select average - $250,000
- Leading Sire in his crop by 2013 yearling average - $97,514
- Highest-priced 2-year-old of all-time at OBS June - $525,000
The most accomplished son of Empire Maker, Pioneerof the Nile won four consecutive Graded stakes, including the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (G1) and $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (G1). Runner-up in the KY Derby (G1) in his first start on dirt, he excelled over all three surfaces - dirt, turf, and all-weather.
At least 47 of his sales progeny have brought $100,000 or more, with buyers including Stonestreet (2), Ingordo Bloodstock, Conquest Stables, Regis Farms, John Kimmel, Gary Contessa, Mike Ryan, Sagamore Farm, Hidden Brook, Whisper Hill, Dennis O'Neill, and Rick Violette. Many more have been retained by their breeders, including Zayat Stables, who owned and bred Pioneerof the Nile. Last season, Pioneerof the Nile covered more mares than any other year at stud - 142.
"We believe in the stallion."--John Moynihan