- Leading Cumulative Fourth-Crop Sire of 2016 in SIX categories, including earnings, graded stakes winners and black type winners.
- 2016: SIX GSWs: Shoemaker Mile [G1] and Del Mar H. [G2] winner MIDNIGHT STORM, Mint Julep S. [G3] winner CASH CONTROL, $300,000 Delaware Oaks [G3] winner DARK NILE, exciting 2yo CLASSIC EMPIRE, winner of the Bashford Manor S. [G3], Grade 3 winner LA ALPUJARRA; 12 black type horses overall
- World’s No. 1 Third-Crop Sire of 2015 & No. 1 Cumulative Third-Crop Sire – both by a wide margin & top Five General Sire of 2015
- 2016 Sales: $950,000 & $300,000 colts at FTSAUG; $925,000, $650,000, $500,000, $500,000 colts at KEESEP; $450,000 colt and $270,000 filly at OBSMAR.
- Mid-year 2016 2.91 APEX A-Runner Index – highest of any sire of his generation – and higher than Bernardini, Kitten's Joy and Smart Strike
- Nine Graded SWs to date, led by 2015 HORSE OF THE YEAR & 3-year-old Champion AMERICAN PHAROAH, dominant winner of the Breeders’ Cup Classic [G1] & first horse in 37 years to win the Triple Crown: Kentucky Derby [G1], Preakness S. [G1] & Belmont S. [G1]
- The only stallion in North America to accomplish $16 million in cumulative progeny earnings as a third-crop sire.
- Also sire of early ‘14 KY Derby favorite CAIRO PRINCE [G2], Gulfstream track record-holder & Preakness [G1]–placed SOCIAL INCLUSION – giving him runners in 5 of 6 Classics from his first two crops, including 4 on-the-board finishes
- 2015 book of mares included: 27 Graded SWs, 21 Graded Producers, 13 G1 Producers, 9 G1 Winners
The leading money-winning son of Empire Maker and heir to the Classic Fappiano sire line, Pioneerof the Nile won four consecutive Graded stakes, including the $750,000 CashCall Futurity [G1] and $750,000 Santa Anita Derby [G1]. Runner-up in the Kentucky Derby [G1] in his first start on dirt, he excelled over all three surfaces - dirt, turf, and all-weather.
Pioneerof the Nile has been an outstanding commercial success. His 2015 2YOs in Training averaged $203,000, while his Keeneland January yearlings averaged $99,250. At least 85 of his sales progeny have now brought $100,000 or higher.
"The standout is WinStar's Pioneerof the Nile, with a 4.24 A-Runner Index (8.48% of runners). Historically, sires which score 4.00 are the truly elite 'World Top 12' sires."--Bill Oppenheim