- Leading active Sire by Average-Earnings Index
- America's Leading Third Crop Sire by: Earnings, SHs, Blacktype SWs, Graded SWs, Graded SHs, G1 SHs
- America's #4 General Sire of 2015
- Sire of Triple Crown hopeful AMERICAN PHAROAH ($3,730,300)
- Steve Haskin on American Pharoah: "He just keeps reaching new heights of sheer brilliance."
- 7 SWs, 6 Graded SWs, 16 SHs, 12 Graded SHs, 4 G1 SHs, $9.2M in earnings
- 2015 Sales: $840,000 FT May 2YO (#1 colt) - $625,000 FT March 2YO - $500,000 FT May 2YO (#2 colt) - OBS April Session Topper
- 2014 Sales: Covering sire on $2,100,000 and $500,000 mares
- Top progeny incl.: six-time GSW AMERICAN PHAROAH; Multiple G2 SW CAIRO PRINCE; Grade 2 SW MIDNIGHT STORM (1:33 1/5 in 2015); Multiple GSW JOJO WARRIOR; Preakness (G1)-placed SOCIAL INCLUSION
- Leading commercial Sire in his crop by 2014: yearling average, 2YOs average, weanling average
- Covered 131 mares in 2014
The leading money-winning son of Empire Maker and heir to the Classic Fappiano sire line, Pioneerof the Nile won four consecutive Graded stakes, including the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (G1) and $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (G1). Runner-up in the KY Derby (G1) in his first start on dirt, he excelled over all three surfaces - dirt, turf, and all-weather.
Pioneerof the Nile has been an outstanding commercial success. His 2015 2YOs in Training are averaging $240,692, while his Keeneland January yearlings averaged $99,250. At least 75 of his sales progeny have now brought $100,000 or higher.
"The standout is WinStar's Pioneerof the Nile, with a 4.24 A-Runner Index (8.48% of runners). Historically, sires which score 4.00 are the truly elite 'World Top 12' sires."--Bill Oppenheim