- 2017 Racing: Arkansas Derby [G1] winner & Preakness S. [G1] runner-up CLASSIC EMPIRE; San Pasqual S. [G2] winner and Awesome Again S. [G1] runner-up MIDNIGHT STORM; G1-placed Conquest Cobra, etc.
- #1 Sire of his generation for the past three years
- 16 horses sold for $500,000+ in 2017, including: $1,000,000 and $700,000 colts and $550,000 filly at OBSMAR 2yo sale; $825,000 yearling colt and $825,000 and $800,000 yearling fillies at KEESEP; $575,000 and $500,000 yearling fillies at FTSAUG.
- Sire of two 2-year-old Male Eclipse Award winners from his first four crops: AMERICAN PHAROAH in 2014 and CLASSIC EMPIRE in 2016
- First crop: Leading miler MIDNIGHT STORM [G1], early Derby favorite & popular young sire CAIRO PRINCE [G2], Gulfstream NTR & Preakness [G1]–placed SOCIAL INCLUSION, JOJO WARRIOR [G2], CASH CONTROL [G3], VINCEREMOS [G3], etc.
- Second crop: Horse of the Year AMERICAN PHAROAH [G1], dominant winner of the Breeders’ Cup Classic [G1] & first horse in 37 years to win the Triple Crown: Kentucky Derby [G1], Preakness S. [G1] & Belmont S. [G1]
- Third & fourth crops: Champion 2-Year-Old Colt Pro Tem CLASSIC EMPIRE [G1], winner of the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile [G1] & Breeders’ Futurity [G1], DARK NILE [G3], LEVANTE LION [G3], etc.
- Already the sire of 3 colts to run 110+ Beyers around two turns; Progeny Beyers incl. 120, 110, 110, 109, 106, 106, 105, 105, 105, etc.
- Bred at least 120 mares every year at stud
The leading money-winning son of Empire Maker and heir to the Classic Fappiano sire line, Pioneerof the Nile won four consecutive Graded stakes, including the $750,000 CashCall Futurity [G1] and $750,000 Santa Anita Derby [G1]. Runner-up in the Kentucky Derby [G1] in his first start on dirt, he excelled over all three surfaces - dirt, turf, and all-weather.
Pioneerof the Nile has been an outstanding commercial success. His 2016 yearlings averaged $230,346, while his 2016 mares covered averaged $563,888. At least 85 of his sales progeny have now brought $100,000 or higher.
"The standout is WinStar's Pioneerof the Nile, with a 4.24 A-Runner Index (8.48% of runners). Historically, sires which score 4.00 are the truly elite 'World Top 12' sires."--Bill Oppenheim