A Graded stakes winner by Storm Cat out of Champion and eight-time G1 winner Heavenly Prize, Pure Prize is a gift that keeps on giving.
Bred by the famed Phipps family, Pure Prize was third leading freshman sire his inaugural season (to Street Cry), and has ranked among the leading general sires every year since. He is an especially reliable source for fast, early two-year-olds, and has been Storm Cat's leading active juvenile sire for the past two seasons. His career highlights include:
- 48 stakes winners, 108 stakes horses worldwide
- 11 Group/Grade 1 winners - 20 G1 wins
- $34,700,000 in progeny earnings
- KY's #8 Juvenile Sire of 2011 - #18 of 2012
- 24 stakes horses in 2012 - 27 in 2011
- 16 stakes horses in 2013: 10 Southern Hemisphere, 6 Northern Hemisphere
Pure Prize's commercial appeal hit the stratosphere in 2012, when his daughter Pure Clan sold at Keeneland November for $4,500,000. His younger progeny were also in demand, with one of his two-year-old colts selling for $210,000, and a juvenile filly bringing $195,000.
Pure Prize had his best two siring years in 2011 and 2012, with combined progeny earnings of just under $10,000,000, and 14 stakes winners and 11 stakes winners per year, respectively. Bill Oppenheim singled him out during this span as one of Kentucky's Value Sires.
“I’ve long been a fan.”—Bill Oppenheim