- First-crop winners include daylight debut maiden special weight wins by Barbarenda at Gulfstream Park and Converge at Belmont Park
- Sired one of the highest-priced 2YOs of 2015 by a Freshman Sire - $560,000
- 2015 2yo sales average of $90,519 ranks in the Top 5 among sires of his generation
- Won Santa Anita Derby (G1), San Felipe S. (G2), San Vicente S. (G2), Fourstardave H. (G2), La Jolla H. (G2), Sir Beaufort S. (G3)
- Set two records at Del Mar: 5 1/2f in 1:02.71, 8 1/2f in 1:39.52
- Exceptional miler: 1:33.70 at 3, 1:33.55 at 4
- Triple Digit Beyers coast to coast, on dirt, turf, and synthetic
- Highest Beyer at a mile on turf in 2011
Sidney’s Candy is from the second crop of Champion Candy Ride, who was undefeated and untested on two continents. Candy Ride set a New World Record for the mile – 1:31 flat – and a New Track Record for 1 ¼ miles – 1:59.11. As a sire, Candy Ride adds brilliance and toughness. He has already sired eight U.S. G1 winners.
Sidney’s Candy bred 116 mares his first season, 104 his second, and 120 his third. His first two-year-olds in training are averaging $109,059 (17 sold). The future looks mighty sweet.
"Should certainly give Candy lovers something to sink their teeth into."--Bill Oppenheim in TDN, 2/11/2015