- 2016 racing: Top-10 Second Crop Sire, including 3YO colt CONVERGE, flashy winner of the Palm Beach S. [G3]; graded stakes-placed Sheeza Milky Way
- Impressive first-crop 2yo winners included undefeated filly Barbarenda, debut MdSpWt winner at Gulfstream, Del Mar MdSpWt winner Sheeza Milky Way, etc.
- First-crop 2-year-olds in 2015 sold up to $560,000 to David Ingordo, $260,000, $200,000, etc.; Second-crop yearlings sold up to $280,000 to Jay Em Ess, $190,000 to Bob Baffert, $180,000 to Juddmonte, etc.
- Multiple Grade 1-winning millionaire & two-time track record-setter by leading sire Candy Ride (ARG)
- Six-time Graded stakes winner with triple-digit Beyers on every surface from coast to coast, including an electrifying 4 1/2-length win over champion Lookin At Lucky in the Santa Anita Derby [G1]
- Set two records at Del Mar: 5 1/2f in 1:02.71, 8 1/2f in 1:39.52
- Exceptional miler: 1:33.70 at 3, 1:33.55 at 4
- Bred to 136 mares in 2015 -- his largest book to date
Sidney’s Candy is from the second crop of Champion Candy Ride, who was undefeated and untested on two continents. Candy Ride set a New World Record for the mile – 1:31 flat – and a New Track Record for 1 ¼ miles – 1:59.11. As a sire, Candy Ride adds brilliance and toughness. He has already sired eight U.S. G1 winners.
Sidney’s Candy bred 116 mares his first season, 104 his second, and 120 his third. His first 2-year-old crop in training, in 2015, included $560,000 and $260,000 colts. Led by the graded stakes winner Converge in 2016, Sidney's Candy ranks in the Top 10 on the Second-Crop Sire list. The future looks mighty sweet.
"Should certainly give Candy lovers something to sink their teeth into."--Bill Oppenheim in TDN, 2/11/2015