Millionaire Eclipse Champion Speightstown has charged onto the Thoroughbred scene with guns blazing.
At the races, the Breeders’ Cup Sprint (G1) champion swept 10 of his 16 starts at six and seven furlongs, posting a track record performance at Saratoga (1:08.04) and a 0 Rag# at Belmont (1:08.04). As a sire, he is firing on all cylinders:
- In 2013: Already 6 SWs - Kentucky's #2 Sire
- In 2012: N.A.'s Leading Sire on the flat
- 44 SWs, 16 GSWs, $38,000,000 from his first five crops
- Four millionaires, including a two-time Sprint Champion
- #1 Active Sire worldwide by A-Runner Index for the past two years
- Grade/Group 1 winners on dirt, turf, and all-weather: Haynesfield (Jockey Club Gold Cup-G1), Lord Shanakill (Prix Jean Prat-G1), Mona de Momma (Humana Distaff S.-G1), Poseidon's Warrior (A.G. Vanderbilt H.-G1), Golden Ticket (Travers S.-G1), Reynaldothewizard (Dubai Golden Shaheen-G1)
Speightstown has ranked among the top five stallions in his siring crop every season, and was selected as one of Bill Oppenheim's "Good Value Sires" for both 2011 and 2012. In 2012, he also sired more Breeders' Cup contenders (6) than any sire in the world.
Speightstown has been a commercial success from the start, and his weanlings, yearlings, and two-year-olds are all averaging six figures. In 2013, one of his daughters sold for $675,000, a mare in foal to him sold for $350,000, and his two-year-olds in training are averaging $138,533.