Millionaire Eclipse Champion Speightstown has charged onto the Thoroughbred scene with guns blazing.
At the races, the Breeders’ Cup Sprint (G1) champion swept 10 of his 16 starts at six and seven furlongs, posting a track record performance at Saratoga (1:08.04) and a 0 Rag# at Belmont (1:08.04). As a sire, he is firing on all cylinders:
- 2014: N.A.'s #1 Sire of SHs and Blacktype Horses; #4 Sire overall - 32 SHs, 15 GSHs, 9 SWs, $6.4M & the Sale Topper at FTK July HRA - $1,075,000
- 2013: N.A.'s #2 Sire (just $71,000 behind #1); 24 SWs, 37 Stakes Wins, 5 Breeders' Cup contenders, 3 Champion Finalists & the #1 colt at FTK July HRA - $800,000
- 2012: N.A.'s Leading Sire on the flat
- Top half of 1% of Sires by Average Earnings per Starter
- Eleven Group 1/Grade 1 winners - Five millionaires
Nine earners of $900,000+
- 60 SWs, 102 SHs, 24 Graded SWs, $52,700,000 to date
- #1 Active Sire worldwide by A-Runner Index for the past two years
- Grade/Group 1 winners in four countries, on dirt, turf, and all-weather
Speightstown has ranked among the top five stallions in his siring crop every season, and was selected as one of Bill Oppenheim's "Good Value Sires" two years in a row.
Speightstown has been a commercial success worldwide from the start. In 2014, he has sired a $600,000 yearling and $400,000 2-year-olds in the U.S. and in Europe. In 2013, his weanlings averaged $181,800, while in-foal mares averaged $336,667. Speightstown has 92 registered two-year-olds of 2014.