Millionaire Eclipse Champion Speightstown has charged onto the Thoroughbred scene with guns blazing.
At the races, the Breeders’ Cup Sprint (G1) champion swept 10 of his 16 starts at six and seven furlongs, posting a track record performance at Saratoga (1:08.04) and a 0 Rag# at Belmont (1:08.04). As a sire, he is firing on all cylinders:
- 2014: 7 SHs, 5 Graded SHs in the first 9 weeks
- 2013: N.A.'s 2nd Leading Sire (just $71,000 behind #1)
- 2013: 24 SWs, 37 Stakes Wins, Five Breeders' Cup contenders, three Champion Finalists & the #1 colt at the FTK July HRA Sale - $800,000
- 2012: N.A.'s Leading Sire on the flat
- Top half of 1% of Sires by Average Earnings per Starter
- Eleven Group 1/Grade 1 winners - Five millionaires
Nine earners of $900,000+
- 56 SWs, 23 GSWs, $47,600,000 from his first 6 crops
- #1 Active Sire worldwide by A-Runner Index for the past two years
- Grade/Group 1 winners in four countries, on dirt, turf, and all-weather
Speightstown has ranked among the top five stallions in his siring crop every season, and was selected as one of Bill Oppenheim's "Good Value Sires" two years in a row.
Speightstown has been a commercial success from the start, and demand for his progeny is escalating. His 2013 weanlings averaged $181,800, while his in-foal mares averaged $336,667. He has 92 registered two-year-olds of 2014.