Millionaire Eclipse Champion Speightstown has charged onto the Thoroughbred scene with guns blazing.
At the races, the Breeders’ Cup Sprint (G1) champion swept 10 of his 16 starts at six and seven furlongs, posting a track record performance at Saratoga (1:08.04) and a 0 Rag# at Belmont (1:08.04). As a sire, he is firing on all cylinders:
- 2013: N.A.'s 2nd Leading Sire
23 SWs, 34 Stakes Wins, 10 GSWs, 5 G1 SWs, $11.5M
- 2012: N.A.'s Leading Sire on the flat
- Sired #1 colt at Fasig-Tipton July HRA - $800,000
- Five Breeders' Cup contenders in 2013
Six Breeders' Cup contenders in 2012
- Top half of 1% of Sires by Average Earnings per Starter
- Eleven Group 1/Grade 1 winners - Five millionaires
Nine earners of $900,000+
- 55 SWs, 22 GSWs, $45,000,000 from first 6 crops
- #1 Active Sire worldwide by A-Runner Index for the past two years
- Grade/Group 1 winners in four countries, on dirt, turf, and all-weather
Speightstown has ranked among the top five stallions in his siring crop every season, and was selected as one of Bill Oppenheim's "Good Value Sires" two years in a row.
Speightstown has been a commercial success from the start, and demand for his progeny is escalating. His 2013 weanlings just averaged $211,545, while his in-foal mares averaged $344,643.