Millionaire Eclipse Champion Speightstown has charged onto the Thoroughbred scene with guns blazing.
At the races, the Breeders’ Cup Sprint (G1) champion swept 10 of his 16 starts at six and seven furlongs, posting a track record performance at Saratoga (1:08.04) and a 0 Rag# at Belmont (1:08.04). As a sire, he is firing on all cylinders:
- 2014: 12 SHs, 9 Graded SHs in the first 12 1/2 weeks
- 2013: N.A.'s 2nd Leading Sire (just $71,000 behind #1)
- 2013: 24 SWs, 37 Stakes Wins, Five Breeders' Cup contenders, three Champion Finalists & the #1 colt at the FTK July HRA Sale - $800,000
- 2012: N.A.'s Leading Sire on the flat
- Top half of 1% of Sires by Average Earnings per Starter
- Eleven Group 1/Grade 1 winners - Five millionaires
Nine earners of $900,000+
- 57 SWs, 23 GSWs, $48,600,000 from his first 6 crops
- #1 Active Sire worldwide by A-Runner Index for the past two years
- Grade/Group 1 winners in four countries, on dirt, turf, and all-weather
Speightstown has ranked among the top five stallions in his siring crop every season, and was selected as one of Bill Oppenheim's "Good Value Sires" two years in a row.
Speightstown has been a commercial success from the start, and demand for his progeny is strong worldwide. In 2014 in North America, his two-year-olds in training are averaging $175,000, while in Europe at the Tattersalls Craven Sale, he sired a $400,000 colt, 2nd high-price opening day. In 2013, his weanlings averaged $181,800, while in-foal mares averaged $336,667. Speightstown has 92 registered two-year-olds of 2014.