Millionaire Grade 1 winner and world-class miler Spring At Last has every license to be a sire. And he is delivering big time on that promise.
The leading money earner at stud by sire of sires Silver Deputy, Spring At Last was North America's Leading Freshman and Juvenile Sire by Graded stakes winners in 2012, and North America's top Sophomore Sire by cumulative Graded SWs for 2013. His accomplishments include:
- Eight stakes winners, 3 Graded SWs, on dirt, turf and all-weather
- Eighteen SHs, 10 2YO stakes horses, from 5 1/2f to 1 1/4 miles
- First crop runners are led by seven stakes winners
- Second crop runners include undefeated juvenile SPRING ALONG, who sold for $370,000 at Fasig-Tipton HRA
- Third crop 2YOs led by $210,000 and $135,000 colts; already SW and SP 2YOs from this crop
- Progeny include: Champion 2YO & G1 SW SPRING IN THE AIR ($913,032); G2 SW SPRING VENTURE ($386,592); G2 SW SEANEEN GIRL ($359,583); ROOKIE GLADDEN (9-5-0-1), $75,000 SW 2yo BROCK'SSPRINGFLING; G1 sp Spring Up ($220,687); $300,000 Del Mar sp Sawyer's Hill-G2; $100,000 Del Mar sp 2yo Take Back Spring, Rocketazo-G3.
- Daughter SPRING VENTURE - multiple Graded SW and Breeders' Cup competitor - sold for $625,000 at F-T November 2013
- Covering sire on $260,000 mare at KeeJan 2014
- Bred to 163 mares in 2013
Spring At Last was a Graded stakes performer for three consecutive years, undefeated at the true sire's distance of a mile. Silver Deputy has already sired a Champion Sire, and his sons at stud have sired a Breeders' Cup winner, a Classic winner, and a Classic runner-up within the past few years.
Spring At Last bred more than 460 mares his first five seasons. His progeny have sold to an international array of buyers, including Off the Hook, Adena Springs, Justin Casse, Sarazen Stable, Mark Casse, Linda Rice, Susan Casner, Ciaran Dunne, Eisaman Equine, Castle Park, Summer Mayberry, Ben McElroy, Ken McPeek, Machmer Hall, and Federico Barberini.