Millionaire Grade 1 winner and world-class miler Spring At Last has every license to be a sire. And he is delivering big time on that promise.
The leading money earner at stud by sire of sires Silver Deputy, Spring At Last was North America's Leading Freshman and Juvenile Sire by Graded stakes winners in 2012, and is North America's co-Leading Sophomore Sire by cumulative Graded SWs for 2013. His accomplishments include:
- Five stakes winners, 3 Graded SWs, on dirt, turf and all-weather
- Ten SHs already, from 5 1/2f to 1 1/4 miles
- Nine winners, two stakes horses from his 2nd crop, including undefeated SPRING ALONG, who sold for $370,000 at Fasig-Tipton's HRA Sale
- Top runners include: Champion 2YO and G1 SW SPRING IN THE AIR ($751,564, SW, 2nd Classic Woodbine Oaks in 2013); G2 SW SPRING VENTURE ($386,592); G2 SW SEANEEN GIRL ($359,583); MONEYATLAST; A LOVER'S QUESTION; Just Gone; Swear Me In; They Call Me Red, Spring Song, My T Swift
- Major improvement of mares: 1.52 AEI vs. 1.28 CI
- Daughter SPRING VENTURE - multiple Graded SW and Breeders' Cup competitor - sold for $625,000 at F-T November 2013
- Bred to 163 mares in 2013
Spring At Last was a Graded stakes performer for three consecutive years, undefeated at the true sire's distance of a mile. Silver Deputy has already sired a Champion Sire, and his sons at stud have sired a Breeders' Cup winner, a Classic winner, and a Classic runner-up within the past 23 months.
Spring At Last bred more than 460 mares his first five seasons. His progeny have sold to an international array of buyers, including Off the Hook, Adena Springs, Justin Casse, Sarazen Stable, Mark Casse, Susan Casner, Ciaran Dunne, Eisaman Equine, Castle Park, Ben McElroy, Ken McPeek, Machmer Hall, and Federico Barberini.