Grade 1 winner Street Hero is the only triple Grade 1 two-year-old by world class sire Street Cry. And his first crop has put him right on the path to top level success.
From 14 first-crop winners, Street Hero has already sired five stakes horses--including a 2013 Oaks winner--and boasts the 2nd best percentage of stakes horses to winners in his siring crop! His accomplishments include:
- Top 20 Kentucky Sophomore Sire of 2013: Top 15 Kentucky Freshman Sire of 2012
- Sire of stakes winners in the U.S. and abroad
- One of just four stallions in his siring crop to sire four $100,000 stakes horses
- Improving his mares nearly 20% over other stallions bred to the same mares
- Won Norfolk S. (G1) over subsequent juvenile champion Midshipman
- Won or placed in three consecutive Grade 1's at two
- Weighted at 122 on the Experimental
Street Hero sired multiple six-figure yearlings and 2-year-olds in his first crop. Buyers of his progeny include Buzz Chace, Eoin Harty, Keith Derormeaux, Marshall Silverman, and Peter Moody (trainer of Black Caviar), which certainly bodes well for their futures.
Street Hero is the only Grade 1-winning juvenile by Street Cry (Ire) at stud in North America. One of the industry's great success stories (ie, Zenyatta, Street Sense), Street Cry is standing the 2013 season for $100,000. Street Hero is out of a multiple Graded stakes producer, and his next three dams are all stakes producers. He is an outcross within four generations, with his only significant inbreeding being 5x5 to Natalma.