Grade 1 winner Street Hero is the only triple Grade 1 two-year-old by world class sire Street Cry. And his first crop has put him right on the path to top level success.
One of America's leading sophomore sires, Street Hero has already sired five stakes horses, led by a 2013 Group 1 winner, a 2013 Grade 2 winner, and a 2013 Oaks winner. And he boasts the 2nd best percentage of stakes horses to winners in his siring crop! His accomplishments include:
- "Derby" winners in the U.S. and abroad: Azarenka, who defeated colts in the prestigious Peruvian Derby (G1), and Gabriel Charles, daylight winner of the $250,000 Del Mar Derby (G2)
- One of just seven U.S. sophomore stallions to sire a 2013 Grade 1 winner
- Sire of $550,000 Keeneland November sale mare STREET GIRL
- Already five stakes horses, four $100,000 stakes horses
- Improving his mares significantly over other stallions bred to the same mares
- Won Norfolk S. (G1) over subsequent juvenile champion Midshipman
- Won or placed in three consecutive Grade 1's at two
- Weighted at 122 on the Experimental
Street Hero sired multiple six-figure yearlings and 2-year-olds in his first crop. Buyers of his progeny include Buzz Chace, Eoin Harty, Keith Desormeaux, Marshall Silverman, and Peter Moody (trainer of Black Caviar), which certainly bodes well for their futures.
Street Hero is the only Grade 1-winning juvenile by Street Cry (Ire) at stud in North America. One of the industry's great success stories (ie, Zenyatta, Street Sense), Street Cry will once again stand for $100,000. Street Hero is out of a multiple Graded stakes producer, and his next three dams are all stakes producers. He is an outcross within four generations, with his only significant inbreeding being 5x5 to Natalma.