- 2017 racing: Oaklawn H. [G2] winner INSIDE STRAIGHT, stakes winners STAR SUPER & COINCIDENTALLY, multiple graded stakes-placed Hedge Fund
- 2017 2YO sales: $625,000 colt at OBSMAR and $325,000 colt at FTFFEB
- No. 1 Cumulative Third-Crop Sire in 2016 by Graded Stakes Winners & G1 Winners
- Three first-crop G1 winners incl. 2015 Eclipse Champion Sprinter RUNHAPPY, one of only two sprinters this decade to win 3 Grade 1 stakes races in a single season, including setting a Keeneland NTR in 1:08.58 winning the Breeders’ Cup Sprint [G1]
- $475,000 sales-topper at FTKJAN 2017 auction
- Six first-crop Graded SWs, including 2yo colt COMPETITIVE EDGE, winner of the Hopeful [G1] & Pat Day Mile [G3] (NSR); 3yo filly EMBELLISH THE LACE, winner of the Alabama [G1]; 2yo colt I SPENT IT, winner of the Saratoga Special [G2]; 3yo filly HIGH DOLLAR WOMAN, winner of the Indiana Oaks [G2], etc.
- One of only 5 stallions in the last 10 years to sire 3 or more G1 winners and a Champion from his first crop, including elite sires Tapit, Medaglia d’Oro, Street Cry and Uncle Mo
- 2016 sales progeny incl. 2-year-old colts up to $300,000 and 2-year-old fillies up to $285,000, yearlings of $250,000, $240,000, $225,000, etc., and weanlings up to $150,000
- Bred to more than 150 mares each of the past three seasons
Super Saver is out of a full sister to the dam of Bluegrass Cat ($31M 1st 5 crops), and from the immediate family of superior sires Private Account, Mutakddim, and Not For Love. His yearling half-brother by Medaglia d'Oro sold for $1,700,000. Super Saver is a direct descendant of *La Troienne, replete with seven lines of the Foundation mare. He covered 319 mares in 2014-15.
His progeny have excelled on the track, with all three crops to race ranking in the Top 10 of his generation, as well as the leading cumulative Third-Crop Sire of Graded Stakes winners and Graded Stakes horses.
Super Saver has excelled at the sales. In 2015, his 2-year-olds averaged $118,000 - nearly six times the bred-on fee, while in 2016 he had a $300,000 colt and $285,000 filly during a single session at the OBS March Selected 2-year-olds Sale. Two-year-old buyers include prominent owners West Point Thoroughbreds, Martin Schwartz, Ralph Evans, and Fox Hill Farms
"As precocious as they are proving, a lot of the Super Savers look like two-turn horses."--Bill Oppenheim, August 2014