- 2018 racing: top horses include G2 winner DANGEROUS BEAUTY (CHI), HEDGE FUND, winner of the $300,000 Essex H., MOURINHO, winner of the $150,000 Smarty Jones S., stakes winner INSIDE STRAIGHT, stakes-placed Super Humor, Wentz, Sequence of Events, Best of Me, Mc Awesome, etc.
- 2018 sales: 2YOs for $240,000, $200,000, $180,000, $150,000, $135,000, etc. Yearlings for $425,000, $350,000, $250,000, $150,000, $130,000, $100,000, etc.
- 2017 racing: 11 stakes horses, led by Oaklawn H. [G2] winner INSIDE STRAIGHT
- Three first-crop G1 winners including 2015 Eclipse Champion Sprinter RUNHAPPY, one of only two sprinters this decade to win 3 Grade 1 stakes races in a single season, including setting a Keeneland NTR in 1:08.58 winning the Breeders’ Cup Sprint [G1]
- Six first-crop Graded SWs, including 2YO colt COMPETITIVE EDGE, winner of the Hopeful [G1] & Pat Day Mile [G3] (NSR); 3YO filly EMBELLISH THE LACE, winner of the Alabama [G1]; 2YO colt I SPENT IT, winner of the Saratoga Special [G2]; 3YO filly HIGH DOLLAR WOMAN, winner of the Indiana Oaks [G2], etc.
- A leading cumulative sire of his generation by G1 winners, black type horses and progeny earnings
- One of only 5 stallions in the last 10 years to sire 3 or more G1 winners and a Champion from his first crop, including elite sires Tapit, Medaglia d’Oro, Street Cry and Uncle Mo
- Largest crop to date are 2YOs of 2018
Super Saver is out of a full sister to the dam of Bluegrass Cat ($31M 1st 5 crops), and from the immediate family of superior sires Private Account, Mutakddim, and Not For Love. His yearling half-brother by Medaglia d'Oro sold for $1,700,000. Super Saver is a direct descendant of *La Troienne, replete with seven lines of the Foundation mare. He covered 308 mares in 2016-2017.
His progeny have excelled on the track, with all four crops to race ranking in the Top 10 of his generation, as well as the leading cumulative Third-Crop Sire of Graded Stakes winners and Graded Stakes horses.
Super Saver has excelled at the sales. In 2015, his 2-year-olds averaged $118,000 - nearly six times the bred-on fee, while in 2016 he had a $300,000 colt and $285,000 filly during a single session at the OBS March Selected 2-year-olds Sale. His sales success continued in 2017, with a $625,000 colt at OBS March.
"As precocious as they are proving, a lot of the Super Savers look like two-turn horses."—Bill Oppenheim