- By far, the Leading Second Crop Sire worldwide on dirt
- Now...25 winners, $1,800,000
- EIGHT stakes horses - NINE Triple Crown nominees
- FOUR Super-impressive SWs: Undefeated Hopeful (G1) winner COMPETITIVE EDGE ($675,000 2yo); Saratoga Special (G2) winner I SPENT IT ($600,000 2yo); $100,000 SW/G3 sp HASHTAG BOURBON; 5 1/2-length SW LIL SUPER BEAR
- Also: $250,000 G3 sp Save Rock and Roll; $150,000 sp Market Conduct; $150,000 sp My Super Nova, $100,000 sp Back Flip
- Two new winners on Feb. 22nd - Santa Anita and Gulfstream
- Sired #1 2YO colt ($750,000) & 2YO filly ($675,000) by a freshman sire
- Sired the Sale Topper at Fasig-Tipton October
- $119,836 ylg avg. in 2014 (58 sold) - $148,031 two-year-olds avg. (49 sold)
- Won the Kentucky Derby (G1) by 2 1/2 lengths - Stakes record-setter in the Kentucky Jockey Club S. (G2) at two
- Weighted at 122 on the Experimental Free Handicap
Super Saver is out of a full sister to the dam of Bluegrass Cat (58 SHs in 5 crops), and from the immediate family of superior sires Private Account, Mutakddim, and Not For Love. His yearling half-brother by Medaglia d'Oro sold for $1,700,000. Super Saver is a direct descendant of *La Troienne, replete with seven lines of the Foundation mare. He covered 154 mares in 2014.
Super Saver has excelled at the sales. In 2014, his yearlings averaged 6 times the stud fee, while his juveniles averaged 7 1/2 times the fee. Individuals have sold for $750,000, $675,000, $600,000, $575,000, $525,000, $400,000, $370,000, $360,000, $340,000, $325,000, $320,000, $260,000, $250,000.
"As precocious as they are proving, a lot of the Super Savers look like two-turn horses."--Bill Oppenheim, August 2014