- #1 Cumulative Third-Crop Sire of 2016 by G1 Winners, G1 Horses, Graded SWs and Graded SHs
- World’s No. 1 Second-Crop Sire in 2015 by Graded SWs, G1 Winners, & G1 Horses
- 2016 racing: Two debut TDN Rising Stars in one month: 2yo filly Dynamite Charge - Santa Anita Park MdSpWt by 4 1/4 lengths; 2yo colt Random Walk (placed in the G3 Sanford S.)- Belmont Park MdSpWt by 5 3/4 lengths (90 Beyer)
- 2016 sales progeny include $300,000 colt and $285,000 filly at OBSMAR and $200,000 colt & $200,000 filly at KEESEP
- Three first-crop G1 winners, including 2015 CHAMPION SPRINTER RUNHAPPY – 3yo colt won the Breeders’ Cup Sprint [G1] (NTR) & King’s Bishop [G1] (NSR), & Malibu S. [G1]
- Six first-crop Graded SWs, including 2yo colt COMPETITIVE EDGE, winner of the Hopeful [G1] & Pat Day Mile [G3] (NSR); 3yo filly EMBELLISH THE LACE, winner of the Alabama [G1]; 2yo colt I SPENT IT, winner of the Saratoga Special [G2]; 3yo filly HIGH DOLLAR WOMAN, winner of the Indiana Oaks [G2], etc.
- Sire of the fastest 3yo colt, RUNHAPPY [G1] – 113 Beyer, and fastest 3yo filly, SUPER MAJESTY [G3] – 101 Beyer, around one turn on dirt in 2015
- Won the Kentucky Derby [G1] by 2 1/2 lengths - Stakes record-setter in the Kentucky Jockey Club S. [G2] at two
- Bred to more than 150 mares each of the past three seasons
Super Saver is out of a full sister to the dam of Bluegrass Cat ($31M 1st 5 crops), and from the immediate family of superior sires Private Account, Mutakddim, and Not For Love. His yearling half-brother by Medaglia d'Oro sold for $1,700,000. Super Saver is a direct descendant of *La Troienne, replete with seven lines of the Foundation mare. He covered 319 mares in 2014-15.
His progeny have excelled on the track, with all three crops to race ranking in the Top 10 of his generation, as well as the leading cumulative Third-Crop Sire of Graded Stakes winners and Graded Stakes horses.
Super Saver has excelled at the sales. In 2015, his 2-year-olds averaged $118,000 - nearly six times the bred-on fee, while in 2016 he had a $300,000 colt and $285,000 filly during a single session at the OBS March Selected 2-year-olds Sale. Two-year-old buyers include prominent owners West Point Thoroughbreds, Martin Schwartz, Ralph Evans, and Fox Hill Farms
"As precocious as they are proving, a lot of the Super Savers look like two-turn horses."--Bill Oppenheim, August 2014