Kentucky Derby (G1) Champion Super Saver is a millionaire Classic winner, by a two-time Derby sire, and from one of the industry’s great sire’s families.
Precocious as well as Classic, he was called "My fastest two-year-old" by six-time Eclipse Award winner Todd Pletcher. Super Saver is off to a Super Start at stud, ranking among the nation's best Freshman Sires of 2014. His accomplishments include:
- Sire of the #1 two-year-old colt of 2014 by a freshman sire - $750,000
- Sire of the #1 two-year-old filly of 2014 by a freshman sire - $675,000
- Sire of the #1 two-year-old by a freshman sire at OBS April - $525,000
- Super-impressive first runners, including $600,000 2yo I SPENT IT, who won MdSpWt debut at Belmont in :58 flat
- $148,031 two-year-olds average in 2014 (49 sold)
$113,500 FTK July yearling average in 2014
- $100,803 yearling average in 2013 (65 sold)
- Won $2,000,000 Kentucky Derby (G1) by 2 1/2 lengths over 11 other G1 SWs
- Set a new stakes record in Kentucky Jockey Club S. (G2) at two
- Broke his maiden by seven at Belmont
- 2nd by inches in the $1,000,000 Arkansas Derby (G1)
- 3rd by 1/2 length in the $300,000 Tampa Bay Derby (G3)
- Experimental-weighted at 122 - World TB Rating 120.
Super Saver bred superb books his first three seasons, encompassing 369 total mares. He ranks among the top sales sires of 2014, with his juveniles averaging 7 1/2 times the fee and yearlings averaging 5 1/2 times the fee, including $750,000, $675,000, $600,000, $525,000, $400,000, $360,000, $325,000, $320,000, $250,000, $240,000, $230,000.
Super Saver is out of a full sister to the dam of top young sire Bluegrass Cat, and from the immediate family of superior sires Private Account, Mutakddim, and Not For Love. His yearling half-brother by Medaglia d'Oro sold in 2013 for $1,700,000. Super Saver is a direct descendant of *La Troienne, replete with seven lines of the Foundation mare.
"Everyone is looking at these Super Saver's...We're always looking for Derby-type horses."--Mark Casse, April 2014