Click Image for Larger
Take Charge Indy Public Gallery
G1 Winner, By A Horse Of The Year, Out Of A Multiple G1 Winner
Perhaps the last important Grade 1 son of A.P. Indy, Take Charge Indy offers unparalleled opportunity for performance and pedigree in a young stallion.
A Grade 1-winning millionaire and Graded stakes performer every year he raced, Take Charge Indy ranked near the top of his class for 3 straight years:
- At 2: Won debut by 6 1/2 lengths, placed in the Arlington-Washington Futurity (G3), weighted at 113 on the Experimental - two lbs. above Champion I'll Have Another
- At 3: Front-running winner of the $1 million Florida Derby (G1) over future Classic winner Union Rags
- At 4: Won Alysheba S. (G2) on KY Derby weekend with the best Beyer Speed Figure of 2013 at 8 1/2 furlongs - 109
- By Hall of Fame Champion and today's top sire of sires A.P. Indy, whose sons have sired over 500 stakes winners, including the Kentucky Derby (G1), Travers (G1), Jockey Club Gold Cup (G1), Florida Derby (G1), C.C.A. Oaks (G1), and Breeders' Cup Juvenile (G1)
- Out of triple Grade 1 winner Take Charge Lady ($2,480,377), dam also of 2013's top-ranked 3-year-old, Will Take Charge ($2,727,371)
Take Charge Indy has both Northern Dancer and Mr. Prospector on the dam's side, like A.P. Indy's best male line representatives Malibu Moon and Tapit
A superb looking individual, no less an observer than Elliott Walden spoke of his look-alike appearance to his sire:
"When I first went to see him, I thought I was looking at A.P. Indy himself."
Take Charge Indy News
Tuesday, November 05, 2013
WinStar Farm announced 2014 stud fees for its expanded 23-stallion roster, led again by leading sire Distorted Humor who stands for $100,000 S&N, and emerging top sire Speightstown, whose fee will be $80,000 S&N following another stellar year...
Wednesday, May 08, 2013
"...polished off a pretty good field in the Alysheba S. (G2), clocking a Beyer of 109...If he comes back in the Stephen Foster, the winner could be frontrunner for Horse of the Year. It was that good a race..."
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
WinStar Farm's Take Charge Indy, winner of the year's Florida Derby (G1) and runner-up in the Clark H. (G1), will make his 2013 debut in the Feb. 9 Donn Handicap (G1) at Gulfstream Park...
Monday, December 10, 2012
Take Charge Indy, winner of this year's Florida Derby (G1) and recent runner-up in the Clark H. (G1), will remain in training for 2013 and point for the Feb. 9 Donn H. (G1)...
Tuesday, August 07, 2012
WinStar Farm has acquired the breeding rights to Florida Derby (G1) winner Take Charge Indy, and will stand the regally-bred colt at the Versailles-based farm following his racing career...
Won at 2
A maiden special weight race at Arlington Park (6f, by 6 ½, defeating Ville, My Samurai, Burn the Mortgage, and Stonemason)
2nd at 2
- Arlington-Washington Futurity S. A(gr-III, 8f, to Shared Property, defeating Motor City, No Spin, Hogy, Ville, Saturday Lunch, Twelve Hundred, Fairy Cat, Heiko, Danger Storm, Priceless Storm, and Squid)
Won at 3
- Florida Derby (gr-1, 9f, defeating Reveron, Union Rags, El Padrino, Neck ‘n Neck, Fort Loudon, News Pending, and Z Camelot)
2nd at 3
- Clark H.-G1 ($447,000, CD, to Shackleford by a length, dftd. Mission Impazible, Lunar Victory)
3rd at 3
- Fayette S.-G2 ($150,000, Kee, to Newsdad, Nikki's Sandcastle, dftd. Eye of the Leopard, Twinspired)
Won at 4
- Alysheba S.-G2 ($339,900, CD, 8 1/2f, 1:41.41, by 6 lengths, 109 Beyer, dftd. Cyber Secret, Hymn Book, Bourbon Courage, Richard's Kid)
2nd at 4
- Skip Away S.-G3 ($100,000, GP, 9 1/2f, to Cigar Street. dftd. Pants On Fire, Golden Ticket) ($100,000, GP, 9 1/2f, to Cigar Street. dftd. Pants On Fire, Golden Ticket)
3rd at 4
- Donn H.-G1 ($500,000, GP, 9f, to Graydar, Bourbon Courage, dftd. Flat Out, Pool Play)
(.pdf opens in new window)
Take Charge Indy Research Links