- First KEESEP Yearlings include a $180,000 colt and $165,000 filly
- A G1-winning millionaire who was a Graded performer from 2 to 4 and ranked near the top of his class for 3 straight years
- At 2: Won debut by 6 1/2 lengths, placed in the Arlington-Washington Futurity [G3], weighted at 113 on the Experimental - two lbs. above Champion I'll Have Another
- At 3: Front-running winner of the $1 million Florida Derby [G1] over future Classic winner Union Rags; 2nd-place finisher in the Clark H. [G1] to classic winner SHACKLEFORD
- At 4: Won Alysheba S. [G2] on KY Derby weekend with the best Beyer Speed Figure of 2013 at 8 1/2 furlongs - 109
- By Hall of Fame Champion and today's top sire of sires A.P. Indy, whose sons have sired over 500 stakes winners, including winners of the Kentucky Derby [G1] and Kentucky Oaks [G1]
- Out of three-time G1 winner & 2013 Broodmare of the Year TAKE CHARGE LADY, also the dam of 2013 3YO Eclipse Champion Will Take Charge and the granddam of of 2014 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies [G1] winner TAKE CHARGE BRANDI
- Bred 151 mares in 2015 and 296 overall in first two books. First crop are yearlings in 2016
Take Charge Indy has both Northern Dancer and Mr. Prospector on the dam's side, like A.P. Indy's best male line representatives, Malibu Moon and Tapit. Take Charge Indy's first foals arrived in 2015, and his first yearlings will be seen during the 2016 auction season.
A superb looking individual, no less an observer than Elliott Walden spoke of his look-alike appearance to his sire:
"When I first went to see him, I thought I was looking at A.P. Indy himself."