Click Image for Larger
Take Charge Indy Public Gallery
G1 Winner, By a Horse of the Year, out of a Broodmare of the Year
The only Grade 1-winning millionaire by A.P. Indy retiring for 2014, Take Charge Indy offers unparalleled opportunity for performance and pedigree in a young stallion.
A Graded stakes performer every year he raced, Take Charge Indy ranked near the top of his class for 3 straight years:
- At 2: Won debut by 6 1/2 lengths, placed in the Arlington-Washington Futurity (G3), weighted at 113 on the Experimental - two lbs. above Champion I'll Have Another
- At 3: Front-running winner of the $1 million Florida Derby (G1) over future Classic winner Union Rags
- At 4: Won Alysheba S. (G2) on KY Derby weekend with the best Beyer Speed Figure of 2013 at 8 1/2 furlongs - 109
- By Hall of Fame Champion and today's top sire of sires A.P. Indy, whose sons have sired over 500 stakes winners, including the Kentucky Derby (G1) and Kentucky Oaks (G1)
- Out of reigning Broodmare of the Year Take Charge Lady ($2,480,377), dam also of reigning Eclipse Champion Will Take Charge ($3,668,568)
Take Charge Indy has both Northern Dancer and Mr. Prospector on the dam's side, like A.P. Indy's best male line representatives, Malibu Moon and Tapit.
A superb looking individual, no less an observer than Elliott Walden spoke of his look-alike appearance to his sire:
"When I first went to see him, I thought I was looking at A.P. Indy himself."
Take Charge Indy News
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Take Charge Lady, the dam of first-year WinStar Farm stallion Take Charge Indy was honored as 2013 Broodmare of the Year by the KTOBA...
Sunday, March 09, 2014
WinStar Farm has reported its trio of first-year, Grade 1-winning stallions Paynter, Take Charge Indy, and Overanalyze have all had their first respective mares confirmed in foal...
Tuesday, November 05, 2013
WinStar Farm announced 2014 stud fees for its expanded 23-stallion roster, led again by leading sire Distorted Humor who stands for $100,000 S&N, and emerging top sire Speightstown, whose fee will be $80,000 S&N following another stellar year...
Wednesday, May 08, 2013
"...polished off a pretty good field in the Alysheba S. (G2), clocking a Beyer of 109...If he comes back in the Stephen Foster, the winner could be frontrunner for Horse of the Year. It was that good a race..."
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
WinStar Farm's Take Charge Indy, winner of the year's Florida Derby (G1) and runner-up in the Clark H. (G1), will make his 2013 debut in the Feb. 9 Donn Handicap (G1) at Gulfstream Park...
Monday, December 10, 2012
Take Charge Indy, winner of this year's Florida Derby (G1) and recent runner-up in the Clark H. (G1), will remain in training for 2013 and point for the Feb. 9 Donn H. (G1)...
Tuesday, August 07, 2012
WinStar Farm has acquired the breeding rights to Florida Derby (G1) winner Take Charge Indy, and will stand the regally-bred colt at the Versailles-based farm following his racing career...
Won at 2
A maiden special weight race at Arlington Park (6f, by 6 ½, defeating Ville, My Samurai, Burn the Mortgage, and Stonemason)
2nd at 2
- Arlington-Washington Futurity S. A(gr-III, 8f, to Shared Property, defeating Motor City, No Spin, Hogy, Ville, Saturday Lunch, Twelve Hundred, Fairy Cat, Heiko, Danger Storm, Priceless Storm, and Squid)
Won at 3
- Florida Derby (gr-1, 9f, defeating Reveron, Union Rags, El Padrino, Neck ‘n Neck, Fort Loudon, News Pending, and Z Camelot)
2nd at 3
- Clark H.-G1 ($447,000, CD, to Shackleford by a length, dftd. Mission Impazible, Lunar Victory)
3rd at 3
- Fayette S.-G2 ($150,000, Kee, to Newsdad, Nikki's Sandcastle, dftd. Eye of the Leopard, Twinspired)
Won at 4
- Alysheba S.-G2 ($339,900, CD, 8 1/2f, 1:41.41, by 6 lengths, 109 Beyer, dftd. Cyber Secret, Hymn Book, Bourbon Courage, Richard's Kid)
2nd at 4
- Skip Away S.-G3 ($100,000, GP, 9 1/2f, to Cigar Street. dftd. Pants On Fire, Golden Ticket) ($100,000, GP, 9 1/2f, to Cigar Street. dftd. Pants On Fire, Golden Ticket)
3rd at 4
- Donn H.-G1 ($500,000, GP, 9f, to Graydar, Bourbon Courage, dftd. Flat Out, Pool Play)
(.pdf opens in new window)
Take Charge Indy Research Links