Hall of Fame Champion, Horse of the Year and Champion Sire, Tiznow is not only one of the world’s top sires, but is the leading link to the sire line of the great Man o’ War.
Still the only two-time winner of the Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1), Tiznow was voted Champion three-year-old, champion older male, and Horse of the Year. An immediate success at stud, Tiznow was Champion Freshman Sire of 2005, and has gone on to become one of the most reliable sires of quality:
- Eleven Group/Grade 1 winners - six millionaires
- Top 15 Sire 4 times in past 7 years
- $1,350,000 and $1,100,000 yearlings in 2014, $1,750,000 and $1,700,000 yearlings in 2013
- #12 Sire of 2014 - 19 Stakes Horses, 9 SWs, $6.1M
- Sire of the 2014 Sale-Topping colt at FTK July HRA - full brother to the dam of Day One 2014 Keeneland September Session Topper
- 53 SWs, 30 Graded SWs, 101 Stakes Horses
- Earners of $58M, including $9.1M in back-to-back years
- Full brother to the dams of Preakness (G1) winner Oxbow & Haskell (G1) winner Paynter
Tiznow ranks in the top 2% of sires by average earnings per starter, and his progeny have won the Belmont (G1), Travers (G1), Dubai World Cup (G1), Met Mile (G1), Wood Memorial (G1), Santa Anita Derby (G1), Ruffian (G1), Whitney (G1), Lady’s Secret (G1), Carter (G1), Ogden Phipps (G1), Goodwood (G1) and Hopeful (G1).
At the sales, Tiznow’s weanlings, yearlings, and juveniles all average six-figures. In 2014, his yearlings are averaging $262,633; last year, 19 of his yearlings sold for $300,000 or higher. Within the past twelve months, he has sired four seven-figure yearlings.