Hall of Fame Champion, Horse of the Year and Champion Sire, Tiznow is not only one of the world’s top sires, but is the leading link to the sire line of the great Man o’ War.
Still the only two-time winner of the Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1), Tiznow won or placed 14 times in 15 starts, earned $6,427,830, and was voted Champion three-year-old, champion older male, and Horse of the Year. Tiznow became an immediate success at stud, and was Champion Freshman Sire of 2005. He has gone on to become one of the most reliable leading sires in the industry. His accomplishments include:
- Eleven Group/Grade 1 winners, six millionaires
- Top 15 Leading Sire five times in the past five years
- Two seven-figure yearlings at KeeSep 2013 -
$1,750,000 (1/2 to Speightstown), $1,700,000 (1/2 to Havre de Grace)
- 46 SWs, 26 Graded SWs, 87 stakes horses
- Earners of $51M, including $9.1M in back-to-back years
- Two Grade 1 SWs & a Preakness (G1) contender in 2013;
$400,172 Keeneland September average
- Full brother to the dams of Preakness (G1) winner Oxbow & Haskell (G1) winner Paynter
Tiznow ranks in the top 2% of sires by average earnings per starter, and his progeny have won the Belmont (G1), Travers (G1), Dubai World Cup (G1), Met Mile (G1), Wood Memorial (G1), Santa Anita Derby (G1), Ruffian (G1), Whitney (G1), Lady’s Secret (G1), Carter (G1), Ogden Phipps (G1), Goodwood (G1) and Hopeful (G1).
At the sales, Tiznow’s weanlings, yearlings, and juveniles all average six-figures. In 2013, his yearlings averaged $282,038 with 19 bringing at least $300,000. His 2013 two-year-olds in training averaged $159,000 ($525,000, $350,000 colts), and his November Covering Sire average was $380,000. At the Winter Mixed Sales, he was covering sire on a $675,000 mare and sire of a $575,000 mare.