Hall of Fame Champion, Horse of the Year and Champion Sire, Tiznow is not only one of the world’s top sires, but is the leading link to the sire line of the great Man o’ War.
Still the only two-time winner of the Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1), Tiznow won or placed 14 times in 15 starts, earned $6,427,830, and was voted Champion three-year-old, champion older male, and Horse of the Year. Tiznow became an immediate success at stud, siring Breeders’ Cup winner and Eclipse Champion Folklore in his first crop, to earn Champion Freshman Sire honors in 2005. His accomplishments include:
- Top 15 Leading Sire five times in the past five years
- Nine Group/Grade 1 winners, five millionaires in seven seasons, including Kentucky Derby (G1) contender Gemologist; $5-million earner Well Armed; Eclipse Award Finalist Tizway
- 43 SWs, 24 Graded SWs, 84 stakes horses
- Earners of $46 million, including $9.1 million in back-to-back years
- Nine stakes winners, 18 SHs, 5 Graded SWs in 2012;
Over $2 million including a Preakness (G1) contender in 2013
- Full brother to the dam of Preakness (G1) winner Oxbow
Tiznow ranks in the top 2% of sires, and his progeny have won the Belmont (G1), Travers (G1), Dubai World Cup (G1), Met Mile (G1), Wood Memorial (G1), Santa Anita Derby (G1), Ruffian (G1), Whitney (G1), Lady’s Secret (G1), Carter H. (G1), and Goodwood (G1).
At the sales, Tiznow’s weanlings, yearlings, and juveniles all average six-figures. In 2013, his two-year-olds in training are averaging $180,000, led by $525,000 and $350,000 colts. At the Winter Mixed Sales, he was covering sire on a $675,000 mare and was the sire of a $575,000 mare. In 2012, his yearlings averaged $172,570, including individuals for $500,000, $450,000, and $400,000.