- Sire of 2017 Kentucky Derby [G1] winner ALWAYS DREAMING from his first 3YO crop
- #1 Second-Crop Sire of 2017: top runners include ALWAYS DREAMING, fastest winner of the Florida Derby [G1] since Alydar, Woody Stephens S. [G2] & Laz Barrera S. [G3] winner AMERICAN ANTHEM, Miracle Wood S. winner O DIONYSUS, etc.
- $300,000 filly at BARAUG sale: highest price ever paid for a yearling at Barretts
- Other 2017 sales results: $750,000 and $525,000 2YO colts at FTFFEB; $700,000 yearling colt and $400,000 yearling filly at KEESEP; $350,000 & $295,000 yearling colts at FTSAUG.
- Top 5 First-Crop Sire in 2016: 2yo MdSpWt winners at Churchill, Gulfstream, Keeneland, Santa Anita, etc., led by undefeated multiple stakes-winning filly BODE’S DREAM, SW colt O DIONYSUS, & Hopeful S. [G1] runner-up ROYAL COPY
- G1 Winner & Leading Classic contender by EMPIRE MAKER — like emerging top sire PIONEEROF THE NILE
- #1 Freshman Yearling Sire in 2015 - $176,580 Avg., 48 sold for $100,000+, 22 sold for $200,000+,
16 sold for $300,000+, incl. $850,000 filly and three colts for $500,000
- 2016 sale horses incl. $650,000, $435,000, $420,000, $400,000, $350,000, $350,000, $300,000, etc.
- Brilliant 9 1/2-length Arkansas Derby [G1] winner & KY Derby/Preakness runner-up; Only 3yo from his vintage crop to earn 4 triple-digit Beyers, incl. 109 & 108
- Dam is a Graded SW STORM CAT mare that has produced two multiple G1 horses to date
- Bred 700 mares combined in his first four books
Brilliant by Design: Bodemeister is by Classic winner/Classic sire Empire Maker, worldwide influence with 85 stakes horses and $67-million lifetime. Empire Maker's first significant son at stud is America's Leading Third-Crop Sire of 2015 - Pioneerof the Nile.
Bodemeister was bred to 526 mares his first three years at stud, and was the Leading Freshman Sire by Covering Sire Average - $269,668. Bodemeister's first weanlings averaged $118,729 (23 sold) in 2014. He was then the leading freshman yearling sire of 2015, with an average sale price of $176,850. His sales hot streak continued in 2016, when his 2-year-olds averaged $149,563, second-most for all freshman sires with at least two horses sold.
On the racetrack in 2017, Bodemeister rose to the top of the Second-Crop sire list on the exploits of Always Dreaming, dominant winner of the Kentucky Derby [G1] and Florida Derby [G1]. In 2016, his brilliant filly Bode's Dream placed her sire near the top of the Freshman Sire list with a commanding win in the $200,000 Astoria S. at Belmont Park.
"This industry needs more sires that can carry their speed a mile-and-a-quarter." -Bob Baffert
"I can't remember the last time a 3-year-old colt ran three straight Triple-digit Beyers around two turns before the Kentucky Derby like he did." -Elliott Walden