- First winner: First-time starter Bode's Dream takes Gulfstream Park maiden special weight by nearly four lengths
- 2016 sales: 2-year-olds averaging $186,913, including $650,000, $435,000, $420,000 and $350,000 colts
- #1 Freshman Yearling Sire in 2015 - $176,580 Avg., 48 sold for $100,000+, 22 sold for $200,000+, 16 sold for $300,000+, incl. $850,000 filly and three colts for $500,000
- G1 Winner & Leading Classic contender by EMPIRE MAKER — like 2015 Leading Third-Crop Sire PIONEEROF THE NILE, sire of 2015 Triple Crown winner AMERICAN PHAROAH.
- Brilliant 9 1/2-length Arkansas Derby (G1) winner & KY Derby/Preakness runner-up; Only 3yo from his vintage crop to earn 4 triple-digit Beyers, incl. 109 & 108
- Tabbed a TDN Rising Star after brilliant 9 1/4-length MdSpWt win at Santa Anita
- Rich pedigree contains 8 strains of *La Troienne
- Bred 526 mares combined in his first three books — Brilliant first crop of 2-year-olds race in 2016
Brilliant by Design: Bodemeister is by Classic winner/Classic sire Empire Maker, worldwide influence with 81 stakes horses and $52-million in just seven crops. Empire Maker's first significant son at stud is America's Leading Second Crop Sire - Pioneerof the Nile.
Bodemeister was bred to 173 mares his first year at stud, and was the Leading Freshman Sire by Covering Sire Average - $269,668. Bodemeister was then bred to 176 mares in 2014. His first weanlings are averaging $118,729 (23 sold) in 2014, while his in-foal mares are averaging $164,458.
"This industry needs more sires that can carry their speed a mile-and-a-quarter." -Bob Baffert
"I can't remember the last time a 3-year-old colt ran three straight Triple-digit Beyers around two turns before the Kentucky Derby like he did." -Elliott Walden