- 9 six-figure weanlings at KEENOV, the most of any first-crop sire. First-crop weanlings sold of $320,000, $215,000, $200,000, $180,000, $150,000, $130,000, $115,000, $110,000, $110,000
- At 2: Won $500,000 Breeders' Futurity [G1]at Keeneland by 6 1⁄4 lengths in his second career start; Runner-up in $2,000,000 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile [G1]
- At 3: Won $1,000,000 Blue Grass S. [G1]at Keeneland by 3 lengths, earning a 4 1⁄2 Ragozin
- Won $350,000 Tampa Bay Derby [G2]by 5 lengths in his 3-year-old debut, earning a 98 Beyer
- Won his 2-year-old debut in a Saratoga MdSpWt as a TDN Rising Star, overcoming the rail post to win going away from eventual G2-winning sprinter Ready for Rye - 5 1⁄2 furlongs in 1:03 4⁄5
- Joined leading European sire SHAMARDAL as the only G1 winners at both 2 & 3 by sire of sires Giant's Causeway - and his sire's ONLY one on dirt
- $1,600,000 Sale Topper — the all-time highest-priced 2-year-old by GIANT’S CAUSEWAY; earned $1,519,800 — Giant’s Causeway’s only American colt to earn over $1.5 million on dirt
- Bred 306 mares in his first two books combined — First yearlings in 2018
"The impressive thing about Carpe Diem, to me, is his ability to run 5 ½ furlongs in a tough 2-year-old maiden race at Saratoga and then stretch out to win Grade 1 races around two turns."
"Carpe Diem is one of a kind. He's as good as any young horse WinStar has ever been associated with."
"He has enough class and raw talent to beat anyone. He is a horse you just love looking at...all racehorse."
"Carpe Diem gives me a sense that there is so much more to him that we haven’t seen yet. I’ve felt from the moment Carpe Diem went wire to wire in a 5 1/2-furlong maiden race last summer at Saratoga that he had to be unusually good, because what son of Giant’s Causeway would do that? All along I’ve felt Carpe Diem would only get better with distance and maturity, and I still feel that way. He’s winning races like the Blue Grass and Tampa Bay Derby decisively, and I don’t think he’s even begun to scratch the surface of his ability."