Champion Sire with his first crop to race and Champion Sire of 2011, Distorted Humor continues to bolster his reputation as a Great Sire.
With 12 crops racing, he has already sired 118 stakes winners and more Grade 1 winners than all but one stallion currently at stud in North America. He is the only active stallion to sire winners of all three U.S. Triple Crown races, and is one of the rare stallions to sire a Kentucky Derby winner (Funny Cide), and the sire of a Kentucky Derby winner (Flower Alley). His accomplishments include:
- Leading Sire by Comparable Index (Quality of Mares) for five consecutive years
- Leading Sire by three-year yearling average and lifetime yearling average
- $10,000,000 in progeny earnings three times in the past five years
- 49 Group/Graded SWs - $99-Million
- 15 G1 winners in five countries - 11 millionaires
- 24 SHs, 9 SWs in 2013 - Group/Graded SWs in three countries, incl.
Breeders' Cup Sprint (G1) runner-up LAUGH TRACK
- Covering sire on $4,900,000 mare at F-T November 2013
Distorted Humor has one of the highest yearling averages in the world - $352,273 in 2013. He is one of the few to sire seven-figure yearlings in 2013 and 2012 (#1 yearling of the year). From 2008 to 2012, he bred the best book of mares in the nation, with the highest Comparable Index by far of any stallion during that span.
His runners comprise a Who’s Who of big-name horses of the past decade, DROSSELMEYER-G1, FUNNY CIDE-G1, COMMENTATOR-G1, ANY GIVEN SATURDAY-G1, FLOWER ALLEY-G1, HYSTERICALADY-G1, BOISTEROUS-G1, et al. Distorted Humor is one of the nation's top two stallions by APEX Index (top 8% earners), which indicates the very top sires of consistent, moneymaking horses.