Champion Freshman Sire and Champion General Sire, Distorted Humor continues to add to his reputation as a Great Sire.
He has already sired 123 stakes winners and more G1 winners than all but two active North American stallions. He's the only active sire with winners of all three U.S. Triple Crown races, and is both the sire of a Kentucky Derby winner, and the grandsire of a Kentucky Derby winner. His accomplishments include:
- Leading Sire by 3-year yearling average and lifetime yearling average
- Leading Sire by Comparable Index (Quality of Mares) for five consecutive years
- $10,000,000 in progeny earnings three times in the past six years
- 51 Group/Graded SWs - $104-Million in earnings
- 16 G1 winners in six countries - 11 millionaires - two American Classic winners
- 2014: 17 SHs, 6 SWs, 9 Graded SHs, $4.3M;
2013: 25 SHs, 10 SWs, $7M - GSWs in three countries
- 2014: Outstanding 2YO Sire: 8 winners from 12 starters, incl. undefeated English GSW CURSORY GLANCE
- 2014: KY's #2 Active Broodmare Sire, incl. the dam of undefeated CONSTITUTION-G1
- 2014: Sire of a $1,000,000 two-year-old, $550,000 yearling, $500,000 Racing Age filly, $394,000 weanling
- Covering sire on $4,900,000 mare in '13 - Covering Sire on $775,000 KeeJan Sale Topper in '14
Distorted Humor has the highest lifetime and 3-year yearling average in the industry. His 2014 yearlings are averaging $500,000, and he's the only stallion to sire a seven-figure two-year-old of 2014 along with seven-figure yearlings in 2013 and 2012. From 2008 to 2012, he bred the best book of mares in the nation, with the highest Comparable Index of any stallion during that span.
His runners comprise a Who’s Who of big-name horses of the past decade, DROSSELMEYER-G1, FUNNY CIDE-G1, COMMENTATOR-G1, ANY GIVEN SATURDAY-G1, FLOWER ALLEY-G1, HYSTERICALADY-G1, BOISTEROUS-G1, et al. Distorted Humor is one of the nation's top two stallions by APEX Index (top 8% earners), which indicates the very top sires of consistent, moneymaking horses.