Champion Sire with his first crop to race and Champion Sire of 2011, Distorted Humor continues to bolster his reputation as a Great Sire.
With 12 crops racing, he has already sired 121 stakes winners and more Grade 1 winners than all but one stallion currently at stud in North America. He is the only active stallion to sire winners of all three U.S. Triple Crown races, and is one of the rare stallions to sire a Kentucky Derby winner (Funny Cide), and the sire of a Kentucky Derby winner (Flower Alley). His accomplishments include:
- Leading Sire by three-year yearling average and lifetime yearling average
- Leading Sire by Comparable Index (Quality of Mares) for five consecutive years
- $10,000,000 in progeny earnings three times in the past six years
- 48 Group/Graded SWs - $100-Million in earnings
- 15 G1 winners in five countries - 11 millionaires - two American Classic winners
- 2013: 25 SHs, 10 SWs, $7M - Group/Graded SWs in three countries, incl. Breeders' Cup Sprint (G1) runner-up LAUGH TRACK
- 2014: Eight stakes horses, 3 SWs in 7 1/2 weeks, incl. KY Derby prospect Kristo and KY Oaks prospect House Rules
- Covering sire on $4,900,000 mare in 2013 - Covering Sire on $775,000 KeeJan Sale Topper in 2014
Distorted Humor has one of the highest yearling averages in the world - $352,273 in 2013. He is one of the few to sire seven-figure yearlings in 2013 and 2012 (#1 yearling of the year). From 2008 to 2012, he bred the best book of mares in the nation, with the highest Comparable Index by far of any stallion during that span.
His runners comprise a Who’s Who of big-name horses of the past decade, DROSSELMEYER-G1, FUNNY CIDE-G1, COMMENTATOR-G1, ANY GIVEN SATURDAY-G1, FLOWER ALLEY-G1, HYSTERICALADY-G1, BOISTEROUS-G1, et al. Distorted Humor is one of the nation's top two stallions by APEX Index (top 8% earners), which indicates the very top sires of consistent, moneymaking horses.