Champion Sire with his first crop to race and Champion Sire of 2011, Distorted Humor continues to bolster his reputation as a Great Sire.
With just 10 crops racing, he has sired 114 stakes winners and earners of $95,000,000 across the globe, led by some of Thoroughbred racing’s marquee events, Breeders' Cup Classic (G1), Kentucky Derby (G1), Preakness (G1), Belmont (G1), Prix Jean Prat (G1). He is the only active stallion to sire winners of all three U.S. Triple Crown races. In 2012, he become one of the rare stallions in breed history to sire a Kentucky Derby winner (Funny Cide), and the sire of a Kentucky Derby winner (Flower Alley). A roster of his accomplishments includes:
- Leading Sire by Average at 2012 Keeneland Select - $605,704
- Leading Sire by Comparable Index (Quality of Mares Bred) for five consecutive years
- America's Leading Sire of SWs (19) and Stakes Horses (45) in 2011
- 23 SWs in 2006 - 21 SW in 2007
- $10,000,000 in progeny earnings three times in the past five years
- 47 Group/Graded stakes winners
- 14 G1 winners in five countries - 10 millionaires
- 14 stakes horses in 2013 - SWs in the U.S. and Europe
Distorted Humor has the highest three-year yearling average of any stallion in North America - $303,789 - and in 2012, he accounted for both the Highest-Priced yearling ($1.65M) and the highest average at Keeneland September Select. From 2008 to 2012, he bred the best book of mares in the nation, with the highest Comparable Index by far of any stallion during that span.
His runners comprise a Who’s Who of big-name horses of the past decade, DROSSELMEYER-G1, FUNNY CIDE-G1, COMMENTATOR-G1, ANY GIVEN SATURDAY-G1, FLOWER ALLEY-G1, HYSTERICALADY-G1, et al. Distorted Humor is one of the nation's top two stallions by APEX Index (top 8% earners), which indicates the very top sires of consistent, moneymaking horses.