- #1 Third-Crop Sire of 2019 by earnings, BTWs, and G1SHs
- Leading runners in 2019 include LONG RANGE TODDY ($918,559), winner of the Rebel S. [G2]; MGSP MOTION EMOTION, winner of the $250,000 Zia Park Oaks; THETRASHMANSCOMING, winner of the Prairie Mile S.; GSP POLE SETTER, winner of the Paradise Creek S.; CHILLY IN CHARGE, winner of the Crowd Pleaser S.; Everfast, second in the Preakness S. [G1]; etc.
- #2 Second-Crop Sire of 2018 with progeny earnings of $4.77 million; #1 by stakes winners with 10
- 2018 racing: Black type winners led by NOBLE INDY, winner of the Louisiana Derby [G2], TAKE CHARGE PAULA, winner of the Forward Gal. S. [G3], four-time stakes winner SPLIT TIME, two-time stakes winner LONG RANGE TODDY, etc.
- One of only three first-crop sires of 2017 to have progeny earnings in excess of $1 million
- G1-winning millionaire who was a Graded performer from ages two to four and ranked near the top of his class for three straight years; retired with $1.1 million in earnings
- Racing career: at 2, won debut by 6 1/2-lengths, placed in Arlington-Washington Futurity [G3]; at 3, won $1 million Florida Derby [G1], second in Clark H. [G1] against older horses; at 4, won Alysheba S. [G2] on Derby Day at Churchill Downs.
- By Hall of Fame Champion and today's top sire of sires A.P. Indy, whose sons have sired over 500 stakes winners, including winners of the Kentucky Derby [G1] and Kentucky Oaks [G1]
- Out of three-time G1 winner & Broodmare of the Year TAKE CHARGE LADY, also the dam of 3YO Eclipse Champion Will Take Charge and the granddam of of Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies [G1] winner Take Charge Brandi
Take Charge Indy has both Northern Dancer and Mr. Prospector on the dam's side, like A.P. Indy's best male line representatives, Malibu Moon and Tapit.
A superb looking individual, no less an observer than Elliott Walden spoke of his look-alike appearance to his sire:
"When I first went to see him, I thought I was looking at A.P. Indy himself."