- Dominant 3 ¼-length winner of the $600,000 Clark S. [G1] at Churchill Downs, running a 105 Beyer and 1:48.84, faster than Will Take Charge, Shackleford, Blame, Saint Liam, Silver Charm, etc.
- 10 triple-digit Beyer Speed Figures—109, 106, 105, 104, etc., including nine in a row in an illustrious racing career
- Brilliant 4 ¼-length winner of the $500,000 Stephen Foster S. [G2] at Churchill Downs, stopping the clock in 1:47.30, geared down late and earning a career-best 109 Beyer. The final clocking just missed Victory Gallop’s track and stakes record of 1:47.28 set in the 1999 renewal of the Stephen Foster
- That’s also a faster time for 1 1/8 miles at Churchill than KNICK'S GO’s 1:47.85 in the 2021 Lukas Classic (G3)
- Runaway 4 ¼-length winner of the Fayette S. [G2] at Keeneland
- Sold for $330,000 at the Keeneland September sale
- By sire of sires and two-time leading sire SMART STRIKE out of the stakes-winning and multiple stakes-placed Giant’s Causeway mare JULIA TUTTLE who is out of a full sister to Pacific Classic [G1] winner and leading sire Candy Ride (ARG)
- First foals arrive in 2022
“Tom’s d’Etat has proven over the last two years to be of the highest quality. Any way you slice it, he is top class. He is the last great son of Smart Strike from the family of Candy Ride.”
"He's a special horse because he's so smart. He knows when to rate and when it's time to make his move. He shows up every time and is very professional."
- Joel Rosario
“He’s by a true sire of sires in Smart Strike. He reminds me of Speightstown because he keeps getting better with age. If you’re trying to win races at the top level, Tom’s d’Etat is the horse you need to breed to.”
- Duncan Taylor
"As a commercial breeder, we aim to raise horses with QUALITY and PEDIGREE. As the last great son of SMART STRIKE, we think TOM'S D'ETAT is the RIGHT STALLION to get us there."
- Fred Hertrich